Stuff I would LOVE to modify!

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by FaeLuna, May 16, 2003.

1. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Stuff I would LOVE to modify!

Since I've got a ton of ideas about modifying/hacking the original Maxis objects and what I'd like to use from one to go with actions etc. from another, I thought I'd start a thread where everyone else can post their wild ideas of what you'd love to change or combine or make if you COULD hack/modify objects! :D

I would LOVE to be able to change the POOL tiles, changing the water to have no border, or to have a "natural" border like the water tile... I'd love to have the pool water match the color of the dark blue water tiles so I could create a pond/lake that my sims could swim in!

I'd love to be able to mess with the Flowers in Hot Date so my sims could buy and give as gifts MORE kinds of flowers.

I'd love to be able to combine the features of a couch with a bed, to make a daybed your sim could sit on, nap on, or sleep in.

I'd love to be able to take the little outdoor pond and turn it into a bathtub that my sims could bathe in! :)

I'd love to make more Prizes for my sims to turn in their tickets for when they're on vacation and take home the stuff for their shelves and cabinets.

I'd love to modify the Costume Trunk from Houseparty to add more costume categories to choose from, like punk, victorian, goth, etc.

2. viskamiro

viskamiro New Member

I started making little spa baths for the pets out of a bed and hacking it to give them hygiene, but the animation for the bed needs changed. I had forgotten about trying to finish it until now.

I found a site that has a pet costume trunk that you can change the skins of any pet. http://www.shaklin.page.cx/

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I like your spa bath pet beds idea! :D

The changing pets skins sounds neat for when your pets have offspring and the skins for that weren't quite what you had in mind! :p

-edit oops! I went to go look and I can't read the language!! *blush!* Can you give a link to the page that has the pet changing trunk on it? (and maybe describe what it looks like so I get the right thing? ) :D

4. viskamiro

viskamiro New Member

5. viskamiro

viskamiro New Member

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Thanks! I finally got it by going to the directory, it wasn't letting me go to the page I think because it kept thinking it was from hot linking... sigh. :p

7. viskamiro

viskamiro New Member

Maybe I should do the pet spa baths to match the ones in the new game, and have little mud baths for the animals too ...

8. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

How bout modifying beds and ladders to make a bunkbed :D?

9. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

People have already modified existing beds to make bunkbed graphics, however you can only use the bottom.

10. Muffin

Muffin New Member

I really wanna now how to use the Script Station, I have it, But I cannot use it! I really want to make a door that clowns can't get trough, but guests and family have no problem to do it...Is it tutorials on the internet that say HOW to use SS? :bunny:

11. ManagerJosh

Crud...I know there was a tutorial here somewhere...lemme find it.

12. ManagerJosh

Check the sticky made in this forum marked important. I think that has to deal with the SS however I may be wrong.

13. Muffin

Muffin New Member

huh....I didn't really get the point about all that text (If it was the wright file!) Hmmm....guess I have to do some more search...Thanks anyway!

14. ManagerJosh

15. Muffin

Muffin New Member

That was the one I didn't understand at all...well, hopefully soon