Let's Make Magic with The Sims

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by ManagerJosh, Jul 17, 2003.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Let's Make Magic with The Sims

As people know, another expansion pack is hitting the shelves for The Sims. Evidently Harry Potter couldn't stay out of it (just kidding)

Anyhow, read up what's will be enchanting us next.

Making Magic Features
    IGN
    Gamespot
    Gamespy

2. Tweety

Tweety New Member

From what I've read about it, this expansion sounds much better than The Sims: Superstar. Though they both have rather unexpected premises, The Sims: Workin' Magic seems much more interesting to me.

3. Amy Sims

Amy Sims New Member

I can't wait for the next expansion pack. THe description makes it sound fun.

Sincerely,
    Amy

4. ManagerJosh

I can't wait for you to work your magic on the skins Amy :p

5. Simcity freak

Simcity freak New Member

This Game looks very cool!!!!!!!!

6. Amy Sims

Amy Sims New Member

LOL Thanks Josh :) If I had a magic wand, everything would go much faster. Although I wouldn't trust myself to have a magic wand. I would most likely be turning all the nosey neighbors into frogs. LOL

I am very much looking forward to all the new stuff in the next expansion pack. I just hope that this time they have found a way to let us use as many doors, windows and stairs as we please. They should have at least found a way around that by now. :)

I hope that the objects in this next expansion pack are more interactive and more challenging.

Sincerely,
    Amy Sims

7. Swisscakeygoodness

Swisscakeygoodness New Member

i think im gunna skip the next expansion pack and save up for the sims 2-it might take a while to get $50--but it does look rilly neat

8. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

This new expansion looks like it will be funner then superstar which i didnt particularlly like....But anyways I really want it and would probably get it just to last me till S2 comes out

9. Blade

Blade New Member

harry potter better not show his ugly rat ridden face in it if he does i've got a toads a** spell with his name on it! LMAO

check out lots of screenshots of MM HERE: http://www.pandorasims.net

10. FinalFantasy4ever

lol AS much as i like the hp book series that would be a hard offer to refuse!

11. Blade

Blade New Member

12. FinalFantasy4ever

Sadly i am no longer looking forward towards this expansion...
    Since it is the 2nd this year and shortly after in the beggining of the new year ts2 is commin i feel that i should instead atempt to save sum money hehe it could take awhile

13. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Personally I'm not looking forward to the Making Magic expansion. I don't see how many new things they can make for the game other than some furniture that looks different. Woo..
    I don't think I'm going to buy the expansions anymore - there's not all that many new things to make it worth the sixty bucks. :p

14. FinalFantasy4ever

They shouldve just mad them downloads for the current xpansions

15. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Not really captivated by MM. Would have rather seen SimsU or just mini expansions with houses, skins and objects.

16. teboz89

teboz89 New Member

I'm buying making magic just so I wont have sim withdrawal waiting for sims 2.:bunny:

17. ManagerJosh

hahaha..people are actually questioning whether they should buy or save up for sims 2 and its expansion packs :D

18. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I'm looking forward to the Makin Magic mostly for all the new actions with objects, like the oven that will let you bake a cake and other things, and I like the growing grapes and berries to make "nectar" ;) I saw what looked like butter churns and sausage makers and stuff like that too, and I like the idea of putting those garden gnomes to work. :p And the carnival rides... I like that. :D I may not actually have many of my sims do a lot of magic if I'm afraid it could backfire though! Some of the disasters if you get the spells wrong reminded me of a discussion here a while back about what natural disasters we thought would be fun to see in the sims!

19. Amy Sims

Amy Sims New Member

I think I saw pictures of Rollercoasters for Makin Magic. They looked like objects from the Sim ThemePark game.
    I hope that Maxis does their best to get rid of bugs so that patches aren't needed.

Sincerely,
    Amy Sims

20. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

About getting all the bugs out... it seems like they test like mad but can't find them all... and at some point the fans will go nuts if they delay the release of a game... so I just kind of half expect to need a patch for any new game. :p

I haven't seen the Sim Themepark game but I have a friend who talks about it all the time. Maybe I should show him the pictures and see if I can infect him with sims maaaadness too... ;)