Troubleshooting The Sims 2 System Requirements

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Jul 17, 2003.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Erm...Crazy, don't tick off the Lady Moderator...

2. Crazy13

Crazy13 New Member

sorry that wasnt me!! that was my neighbor..he really doesnt like the sims, so i think thats why he said that..but anyways sorry katanubis!

3. ManagerJosh

Then if it is your neighbor, why do I show it as him being from Plano, TX where as yours appears over near Kansas City, Missouri?? :confused:

4. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

well, atleast you know it wasnt him, so lets not fight over a small post.

now, one thing i should add here that pertains to the original post is that, although choppy at times the game runs pretty well on my machine at the lowest settings. here is my system:

2.0GHZ Celeron
    512MB PC2100 DDR
    Intel onboard Graphics w/64MB shared

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Don't worry about it. I knew I wasn't bragging so I just looked at it and said "hmmm. Someone with a bad attitude. I hope they start feeling better soon."

Frankly, I pity people when they act like that. (Much easier on my bloodpressure. ;))

6. Crazy13

Crazy13 New Member

What are you talking about? it was my neighbor over at my house on my name...lol i dont understand your question

7. BILLYBOB

BILLYBOB New Member

can someone help me with ts2? please????????????//:confused:

8. JeannieMarie

JeannieMarie New Member

Hyperthreading

Is there any sort of known issue about TS2 not working with processors that use hyperthreading, or does that not have anything to do with game performance?

9. ManagerJosh

Nope...users who have HT should experience a slight boast in performance. I'm running it perfectly with HT enabled.

10. chit

chit New Member

Big Problem!

My sistem:
    AMD XP2500+ Barton
    Gigabyte 7N400-L
    Asus 9570 /nVidia 5700 with 128M
    768 RAM - with Dual Channel activated
    120 Gb Western Digital JB
    Audigy
    CD-RW
    Modem Conexant

I Played long time Sims 2 without problems. Now, after 10 generations, at an exact moment, game is running VERY SLOW, even if with few seconds before is running very well. When that is happening, my sims are moving like into a replay, mouse not responding well, the game is not saving at all.
    I don't have any memory resident programs (antivirus, optimizers).
    I have enough disk space.
    I have Windows XP SP1, DirectX 9.0c, and only drivers certified by Microsoft.
    I use for video the generic driver from nVidia, version 66.93.

When saving, after about 7 minutes of "saving", I hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and I watch at performance tab: CPU 100%, RAM Free about 20 Mb.

I wave some skils with computers, I'm not a novice, but this problem is more than I can understand.

What can I do about it??????????

11. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Is this in every house or one in particular. If it's one in particuar (as recently happened to me), then it's the "slow down bug." It changes your fps to seconds per frame and the computer seems to be really working hard (as you describe.)

If it is just the one house (not global program problems), the cure is to evict the family from the house to the SimBin, then put them back in. You'll have to refurnish, but the problem disappears (fortunately.) I've heard it said that it's because of a superfluity of service workers like gardeners. Supposedly if you have the patch, it will let you see that, but I hadn't had any gardeners, repair people or the like and they certainly nothing showed up on the lot.

If it's global, then I'm not sure why it's happening. I think it would be a good idea to make sure you run an antiviral program to see if your computer picked up a problem. (I figured your meant that you had turned off your anti-viral to play the game, not that you were unprotected to begin with.)

12. chit

chit New Member

I have resolved in the way you mentioned. Thanks.
    It is happening in one of my houses and I don't know what to do.
    Thanks a lot!:)