Who died?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ManagerJosh, Aug 9, 2003.

1. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

Whatever Bunny Goddess of Wrath could you be talking about Josh? :nervous:

2. amethyst_88

amethyst_88 New Member

wuts a bunny goddess....lol

3. m o o s e

m o o s e New Member

4. Grey

Grey On the edge of Insanity

rawr

5. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

john ritter

6. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Grey's alive! :O

7. _CrAzzY_ChiKKy_

_CrAzzY_ChiKKy_ New Member

8. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I have been going through a patch when I was dead, but I am alive again for a short time. I expect I shall fall down dead again fairly shortly and then revive again.

9. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Come visit us every time you revive then Philip!! :whitekitty:

And good to see you here again Grey!!

10. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

My brother died and he was only 46. I wonder if he will turn up on these forums? If he does then please let me know. He would have loved computers and has a terrific sense of humour. He is called Terry - just in case.

11. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I guess we will keep an eye out for him then.... :eek:

12. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Hasn't he turned up yet? His wife didn't understand him. He took after my mother and paid for it. I take after my father and haven't.
    My father fought (I understand that is the expression) in the first world war!!! He never, ever, spoke about it, but he got gassed - mustard gas I believe. However, he was a fairly happy sort of guy and I remember he got drunk perhaps two or three times a year - same as me.

13. OinkUsed2BABunny

If tthere's one group of person i could admit to respecting the most then it would have to be our veterans. Espeially WWII ones. *salute* They will always live on in my heart.

14. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

15. OinkUsed2BABunny

I guess i'm just gullible then.

16. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

People didn't fight in the world wars because they wanted to - they fought because they had to. I did not do two years national service because I wanted to - but because I had to.
    I didn't sign the official secrets act because I wanted to - but because I had to.
    A person said (an American, I believe) that he thought it was strange that so many men would give so much for a country that had done nothing at all for them.

17. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

True Philip but many people in my country still had incredible attachment to "the old country" and were willing to go and fight for her during WWII. My own father, when he died a few years ago, requested that instead of the Canadian flag with the maple leaf (it only became used after 1967) that he have a Union Jack draped over his coffin during his funeral as that was the flag that he fought under and the one that he had an emotional attachment to. Of course, his ancestors were British Empire Loyalists that had to flee to Canada during the American War of Independance so maybe that was part of his attachment. I am glad that the democratic countries united against Hitler's extermination plans for people of non-Aryan race but have no lingering attachment to England, myself, to influence future decisions that Canada might make...

18. OinkUsed2BABunny

Take a few looks at WWII from a historical stand point and you would know why the veterans of that war deserve much more than they're getting right now, at this old age. Just take what Book just said for example. Is that not enough to commermorate them eternally?