CAS (Create-a-Sim) Tool

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by amethyst_88, Sep 15, 2003.

1. amethyst_88

amethyst_88 New Member

CAS (Create-a-Sim) Tool

hey... does anyone know when the CAS tool is going to come out... I heard its supposed to come out this month (September) but does anyone know exactly when?

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

No one exactly knows. There have been a TON of rumors, but Maxis has not released any official details yet. I think they are busy with Making Magic

3. amethyst_88

amethyst_88 New Member

oh... :( oh well i guess i'll just have to wait like everyone else lol

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I'll send an email up to Maxis and see what happens.

5. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

You're the best!

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I hope they tell you SOMETHING, even if it's that there will be no release, or that they aren't saying the release date yet, at least that let's people know what's going on instead of just guessing. Thanks!

7. amethyst_88

amethyst_88 New Member

cool...thanks :)

8. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

thanx josh ure th best i'm wondering too

9. amethyst_88

amethyst_88 New Member

hey guys i heard that CAS tool demo is comin out on the official Sims 2 website as soon as it opens which i've heard will be released in October yay! :)

10. amethyst_88

amethyst_88 New Member

oh but i dont think they'll refer to it as "CAS"; probably "clothing and skin" tool or something like that

11. amethyst_88

amethyst_88 New Member

.....referring to above..i meant launched not released lol sounds weird

12. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I hope the site launcing in October means at the BEGINNING of the month, haha! Some of us are about to BURST with all the waiting! Having the official site out will help a lot with speculation I think. :D

13. mattho

mattho New Member

Mate, by 'heard' you do mean that this is a total rumor.

14. amethyst_88

amethyst_88 New Member

actually... there's this transcript thing that took place on the sims website a few days ago. it's mostly about webhosting and stuff, but you'll find a little bit info about the Sims 2 website coming out and the CAS tool. http://thesims.ea.com/us/index.html Also i'm pretty sure i've read it in other places, forgot where tho

15. amethyst_88

amethyst_88 New Member

from that link click on the link "Go to old news archives" then scroll down to the article called "Chat With Luc Barthelet About Web Hosting For Fan Sites" thats where it is

16. mattho

mattho New Member

Yep I've read it... But what they say is regarding No Demo and focusing more on 'custom content' right? I don't know... If you could find the exact quote, that'd be really good.

17. amethyst_88

amethyst_88 New Member

here are parts of the conversation in the transcript that relate to this topic...

"cheetahgirl89 (Sep 18, 2003 6:33:15 PM)
    When is the Sims2 coming out?

MaxisLuc (Sep 18, 2003 6:33:15 PM)
    in 2004. custom tools in 2003.

Stash (Sep 18, 2003 6:35:20 PM)
    What kind of custom tools for TS2 in 2003?

MaxisLuc (Sep 18, 2003 6:35:20 PM)
    Tools to make clothes, and skins.

Guest (Sep 18, 2003 6:35:54 PM)
    How much is The Sims 2 Game?

MaxisLuc (Sep 18, 2003 6:35:54 PM)
    I expect it to be a premium price game.

simlish_sim (Sep 18, 2003 6:36:33 PM)
    Luc, you mentioned the custom tools for The Sims 2 will be released in 2003. Will these be available to download, or will players have to go buy these in the store?

MaxisLuc (Sep 18, 2003 6:36:33 PM)
    as usual, it should be available as a download.

Nomez123 (Sep 18, 2003 6:38:07 PM)
    will it be easier for people to make skins and clothes with the tools?

MaxisLuc (Sep 18, 2003 6:38:07 PM)
    That's the goal of the tool. We will focus on textures first.

Kayness (Sep 18, 2003 6:40:41 PM)
    I heard there is going to be a Create-A-Sim thing coming out before The Sims 2 comes out...Is this true? And when?

MaxisLuc (Sep 18, 2003 6:40:41 PM)
    I am not sure how we will call it, but that's a goal we have.

SG Lover (Sep 18, 2003 6:48:14 PM)
    When are you going to put up The Sims 2 official website?

MaxisLuc (Sep 18, 2003 6:48:14 PM)
    soon. but that sites will be limited to links to the Fan sites about the sims 2.

SimVeggie (Sep 18, 2003 6:49:51 PM)
    Would the hosting be available for the Sims1 or the Sims2 fan sites or for both?

MaxisLuc (Sep 18, 2003 6:49:51 PM)
    for any Maxis game

SuiteDaydreamz (Sep 18, 2003 6:50:27 PM)
    What is soon? A day? A month? A year?

MaxisLuc (Sep 18, 2003 6:50:27 PM)
    The Sims 2 web site should go up in October."

although i cant find where it exactly says that clothing & skin tool will be on the Sims 2 site, i remember reading SOMEWHERE its gonna be on the site and besides, if they're gonna have both we can already assume they'll be putting the CAS download on their site :classic:

18. lilfaeriegirl078

lilfaeriegirl078 New Member

hmm.. well considering its the end of october now, we can bank on nov?

19. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

According to the official maxis ts2 site next month we'll be able to download it. The site is pretty cool too.

20. Enjoji

Enjoji New Member

Yep, suitemichelle is right. There was another chat with Luc on Sexy Sims - which is posted up at the offical Sims 2 and Sims 1 websites - and he stated that Create-A-Sim would be released for download next month (my birthday month - yay!!) Also, I checked on the BBS of the Sims 1 site, and there was an official Maxis thread from one of the SimMasters asking for the fans' input in giving the new download a unique name - at the moment it's called SACAS - Stand Alone Create A Sim. She said Maxis were working really hard to get it finished. Hope that helps some :)

TC, Enjoji