A Gnome That Won't Solidify

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by Tweety, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Tweety

Tweety New Member

A Gnome That Won't Solidify

Does anyone have any advice regarding making a gardening gnome that will not solidify after a period of time? I want to create a permanent gardener, but I can't figure out how. Any help would be much appreciated. :)

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

You might need to rewrite the XML file so it will not fade.

3. Tweety

Tweety New Member

Thanks. What would be the best way to go about doing that, though? Are there any programs that would work better than others. I'd really appreciate any advice that you could offer.

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

the only program that allows you to do that right now are Script Station and Edith. :-S

5. Default

Default New Member

There's no XML file related to this. I can show you how though :) . There's also another program: IFF Pencil 2. That's the program I'd be using, so you'd need to download it. Just reply if you want to know...

D.

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Well it wasn't my question to begin with, but I'm curious and would like to know! :D I downloaded IFF Pencil a while back... don't know what version I have... I should dig it out and see what I can learn.... :p

7. Default

Default New Member

Sure, I'd be glad to teach you! Do you want me to try to do it over the forum, or do you have some sort of IM program you can use?

D.

8. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I figured over the forum here would be good so other people can read the same thing and learn too. :D

9. Default

Default New Member

Question: Do you want the normal gnome to not solidify, or a different one?

D.

10. Hyrune

Hyrune New Member

This is going to sound stupid but...

Why don't you just make your garden bigger? I enchanted one gnome and he has continued working non-stop for a sim week. I have a huge garden, so i figure by the time he's actually finished watering the flowers, it takes him so long he has to water the first ones again. Also, he's always getting drunk in the wine squeezer. Has anyone else noticed this, it's actually quite funny.