An Indepth Look at The Sims 2 Neighborhood Discussion

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Nov 29, 2003.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

2. Nic

Nic New Member

I'm overwelmed!!! Thankyou Josh.

3. clynrun

clynrun New Member

you talked alot about Sim City 4 and using terrains and stuff from it to import into Sims 2....this DOESN'T mean that you have to have Sim City 4 to do this stuff, does it?

4. ManagerJosh

You need SimCity 4 to create the actual terrains, and modify them. You just don't need SimCity 4 to use them.

5. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

very nice. so its lossly based off of the Simcity 4 graphics engine? if so, i shouldnt have much of an issue playing TS2. ive got sc4 here and on decent sized cities, it doesnt seem to slow down.

6. Nemesis

Nemesis New Member

I love how each house takes on it's own style in appearance with the new options. I remember with TS1 a lot of really large elaborate homes were just a giant two story "square", and you had to look inside to see the detail of how the rooms were laid out. With the new roofing options I hope this will all change, it looks like it will.
    I'm wondering if it will be possible to have inner courtyards for your homes, without having roof automatically added over them anyway? I love adding courtyards to some of my southwestern style mansions in TS1 but it would be great to see it from the aerial view. :bunny:

Nemi

7. ManagerJosh

Since there is no automatic roofing and you can design the home anyway you want, I see no reason for you to NOT have a courtyard since it you can have a square donut shaped house.

8. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Wow... now I'm all curious and waiting to see if you're allowed to astound us further yet! ;) I'm really happy about the roofing and the gables feature! I've wanted those in sims 1 for a loooong time!

9. curly_sim

curly_sim New Member

neighbourhood article

hey, thx SOOOOOO much 4 that article, the neighbourhood soundz breath taking!!! cant wait 4 the actual game!!
    luv currly ;)