Rags or Riches?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PhilipTarbuck, Dec 13, 2003.

1. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Rags or Riches?

Would you like to say what kind of job you have? Some jobs do not appear to be all or nothing jobs, but they are. In the U.K. if you are a barrister then you might make the mega bucks, or you might make very little indeed, depending how good you are and what your connections are. Rather like an actor. You are either very rich, drifting along getting nowhere quite and failing completely - not necessarily because of lack of talent. How many good actors are about that appear to have very little acting skill. I had a job that was reputed to be a safe job, with a reasonable salary/profit share, but now that job is a rags or riches job and has been degraded terribly.
    What sort of job did you have or have you still got?
    Josh, I don't think that the question actually includes you.

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I'm a student...what do you expect? i'm in the poorhouse :p

3. lworley

lworley New Member

I'm first year HND student....explains my money makin :p

4. Jake

Jake New Member

Student also.. and saving for a trip in March so what little i do make goes to that ..

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Well, when I was working it was at a Student Center and I was the Live In Caretaker for the building, AND the part time Secretary... AND the Pianist... And then I also worked my student assistant job where I reformatted the college handbook... I don't think any of this counts as a career type job though! :D

Most of my friends have computer tech jobs and that field seems to be having a shortage in the job market around my area right now, but I guess it's still more stable than acting. My friend's sister is an actor and she's in Germany lately working overseas. She explained something I didn't know about tv series, she played a small part in a US tv show and now every time that episode is aired on tv she gets a small check for her work. Apparantly it's VERY small but it's something! ;)

6. alapokeygirl

alapokeygirl Very much in LOVE

I have applied for disability. :p Not much money there. :p

7. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

I am a teacher. Salary is good but I would happily lose some of it just to have less bureaucracy blah blah blah......I love teaching the lil kiddies but the endless policies/ procedures/ monitoring/ marking/ paperwork/ reporting etc is crazy and teachers are leaving in droves here in the UK. Ack ya did ask about our jobs :p

I am seriously considering a change of career.....any ideas? :p

Hugz.

8. Simzer

Simzer New Member

I pump gas now, i quit the store, now I make 6.50 an hour! :p