Saddam Hussein

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by OinkUsed2BABunny, Dec 14, 2003.

1. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

Saddam Hussein

The former president of Iraq has been capture at Tikrit, according to Router reports. I have not personally confirmed nor verified the truthfulness of this, but I think by the time this thread is discovered tomorrow there will be comfirmations or denials all over the net. So I'm going to crash now.

2. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

The U.S. has confirmed the capture! :cheeky:

3. Colonel Froggie

Colonel Froggie Lord of the Frogs

Yeah, but do they have to inturrupt the football game for 15 minutes to tell me? :p :p :p

4. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Really? They've actually captured him now?

... The very day I don't listen to the news something like this happens. :p

5. defectivesealion

defectivesealion New Member

i did hear this, but i wonder if it isn't just another lie. i mean how often have we killed him. plus i dont trust bush after all those lies about the war.

6. m o o s e

m o o s e New Member

hmm i dont think its a hoax, its all over the radio tv n internet

7. Jake

Jake New Member

if it's hoax, it's a worldwide one.. the iraqi people are all celebrating and all.. cnn was talkin bout if for half an hour at least.

8. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

I just watched the news and read it somewhere now... I knew they'd finally catch him, just didn't expect it this soon.

What exactly are they going to do to him now? Execute, life in jail or what?

9. ccboy

ccboy New Member

No idea. But IMO two wrongs don't make a right.

10. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Hmm, what do you mean two wrongs? Do you mean that executing Saddam after he has killed others is wrong? If that is what you mean then I'm afraid that I'll have to disagree. There is a HUGE difference between someone killing for personal reasons and the State/Country executing that person as part of the consequence of their actions. I strongly believe that if you take someone's life (especially if you take lots of lives) then you should pay for their lives with your own. Yes, it won't bring anyone back to life but we won't have to spend millions of dollars caring for that criminal and worrying about them getting out to kill more innocent people.

Anything that I have read or seen about Saddam Hussein tells me that he was and is, an evil man who modeled himself after his hero, Joseph Stalin. Just as Stalin was responsible for the murder of millions of his own people, so too was Saddam Hussein. In my opinion, how can it be wrong to bring a mass murderer to justice? At least today, we have LOTS of video evidence (including videos he had made for his own records of mass killings) plus we have the mass graves that have been dug up and many survivors' stories. What more proof do we need to say this man needs to face justice? Just as Milosevic is facing trials for his crimes, Noriega before him and Hitler's SS men at Nuremburg, so too does Saddam need to be accountable for his actions. I'm not even getting into the aspect of who is going to try him but I believe that it needs to be done for the benefit of the people who lost loved ones in such a brutal way during the 35 years of Saddam's reign of terror.

Anyway, that's my opinion...I'm just glad that I live in a country where I still can state my opinion on my government, etc. and not have to worry about government goons coming to cut out my tongue for saying something negative (as used to happen in Iraq under Saddam). To paraphrase a famous quote: "I don't agree with what you said, but I will fight to the death your right to say it!"

11. ccboy

ccboy New Member

I personally think he should get a life sentence.

12. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

life would be too good for him..... unless he recieves the same treatment that he meted out to others. gas him a couple of times like he gassed the Kurds. or just throw him in the nearest active volcano so he can start burning before he gets to h.....

13. ccboy

ccboy New Member

Just ignore me. I'm young :D.

14. sugar_junkie

sugar_junkie Active Member

if i'm not wrong they said their not going to kill him just yet,their gunna torture him first...

15. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

He should be tied down to a chair in an empty room and be forced to watch videos glorifying "Satan and his western devils" and their way of life. Since he hates our culture and lifestyles so much, I say we have him watch that tape and convert him, or drive him insane trying!

Ooh ooh! Instead of having the Iraqi people smack the avatars of Saddam with their shoes like we've seen on TV, how about we let them do it to the real man (or in this case, a rat in a hole) this time?