Death

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by afropower234, Jan 27, 2004.

1. afropower234

afropower234 Truly Ancient

Death

In Sims1 if you killed Bob Newbie, his tomb went in the backyard. In Sims2 if you kill Bob or if he dies when he gets old does his tomb go in the backyard? I wouldn't want to live in a cemetery if I was a sim so will mine have to? Also is there a funeral service for the deceased or do they just "fall over" dead?

2. babygirl

babygirl New Member

maybe a sim will say a few words about the dead sim at the tomb/urn while the other sims cry...ooh i hope there will still be ghosts

3. 3D_animator

3D_animator New Member

dang man that sounds awesome, ghosts and ueology's. sa-weet

4. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I thought in sims 1 you could just delete the urn or tombstone if you didn't want it in your yard. I think I remember doing that when my sims had a terrible cooking accident.

5. Cool_Diva

Cool_Diva New Member

It would be cool if they had a funeral!

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I know we heard there will be more to sims weddings but I hadn't heard anything saying there would be more to sims deaths, like a funeral ceremony or anything, but it makes me wonder now, since your sims dying of old age WILL make death a bigger part of the game. If they haven't added to that yet maybe we can write them and convince them to put it in the first expansion pack for sims 2! :)

(I'm picturing all my sims spinning around to be dressed in black....)

7. Mystical Druid

Mystical Druid New Member

I hope that ghosts do not exist actualy, unless you can do any of the following.

a. Send the grave and the ghost to the grave yard.
    b. Be allowed to turn haunting on and off.
    c. Make the ghosts not haunt.
    d. Be able to have a mourning process for the dead, once it reaches 100% in the ammount of morning recieved it will not haunt.

8. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

The idea of your sims mourning to satisfy the ghost and then the ghost leaving and not haunting anymore sounds like a really interesting idea. :)

9. altec_tech

altec_tech New Member

Yes, I too also wanted a reason for mourning and that would be a great idea, for you to have to mourn for like 24 sim hours overall for it to stop haunting.... OR we can have it so the "family" or "friend" social meter (depending on the "loved one" in the grave" will only be able to go 1/2 or 1/4 of the way up for its max unless they mourn for a given amount of time on the grave of the dead person. VERY GOOD IDEA!