TS2 terrains

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by tberg75, Jan 27, 2004.

1. tberg75

tberg75 New Member

TS2 terrains

Hello everyone from worldsims and TS2 bbs on thesims.com
    here is one of the pics from one of my neighborhoods loosely called "the cliffs" for its variety of roads with lots that place the houses on cliff side (or bottom) locations! enjoy, and let me know how to post more than one pic to a thread if you can so i can share more.

mike, tberg75

Attached Files:

2. altec_tech

altec_tech New Member

Very interesting.... here is my neighborhood I made..... whoops need to take screenie first.... I will add it in, in a sec. Anyways, its name is Trail's Edge.

Added: HOW DO I ATTACH ATTACHMENTS?! :angry: :tired:

3. Goddess_of_Light

Goddess_of_Light New Member

nice neighborhood. you did an excellent job on it.

I have a neighborhood done, but I can't figure out how to put in an image...

4. altec_tech

altec_tech New Member

To create an image of your city... zoom out to see the entire land mass... then go on i believe options and there should be some camera or something. Click on it and just take a screenshot and it will be saved in your city folder in C:/Program Files/Maxis/Simcity4/

5. afropower234

afropower234 Truly Ancient

Does anyone know how to get it into the game?

6. tberg75

tberg75 New Member

another city

here is another one, called mountain pass. just trust me the roads do get through. would make for some fun driving though. might edit this one to make it so you can have some space to build on the side of the mountain. let me know what you think

Attached Files:

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I like the mountains and the little lake corner! Are the lots around the lake set up so in sims 2 you could build houses right next to the lake? I don't quite understand where the sims 2 lots would be even though I see the streets. :p

8. tberg75

tberg75 New Member

look closely

basically, the lots in ts2 would be somewhat small with limited yards, but the houses themselves could be as big as you like cause of the foundations, keep that in mind. hope that answers your question

mike

ps when more official sizes of lots come out all of these maps will probably be somewhat edited to improve them to give more options.

9. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

OK, thanks for the explanation! I think I'm starting to get the idea of how it works better now. :)

10. Thrombocyte

Thrombocyte Guest

Re: another city

That's really cute! I've been trying to make a mountainous terrain for quite some time now. Never could get it quite right.

11. tberg75

tberg75 New Member

yet another tease ;)

Since you have been giving positive replies, i'll share more. Here's one called islands, all beach front, and two cute private islands for 3 or 4 home sites.

(home site=lot)

shopping would be located on the main island. (left side of screen)

enjoy!

mike

ps, if any wish to see more of one terrain, reply and i'll post other zooms, etc

Attached Files:

12. ShY_LaDeH

ShY_LaDeH New Member

i hope you dont mind tberg75.. but i decided to post your great neighbourhoods up on my yahoo group site as an example of cs4 working with ts2. if you have any problems with this you just say so and i wont post em'.

>> link here >>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/obsessedsimsfreaks_group/

while your there take a look at the photo section, lotsa ts2 screens. i hope this helps with your addiction!!

~ShY_LaDeH~ :D

13. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

More

Hey tberg, I like your neighborhoods. Here's one of mine, what do you think? I thought the area in the foreground would be ideal for community lots, with most of the residential lots across the river.

Attached Files:

14. candygirl99

candygirl99 New Member

:) Hey, i have a question, if anyone can answer this please do...Can the sims 2 have like snow terrains or sand r something?orange red :nervous:

15. GameMasterEvert_B

GameMasterEvert_B New Member

My TS2 Island (i also posted this on the official TS2 BBS);)

Attached Files:

• sc1.jpg
      sc1.jpg
      File size:
      67.6 KB
      Views:
  16. GinaW1127

GinaW1127 New Member

Wow

Wow ok first you guys are really talented, all the neighborhoods you posted look great. Heck I haven't even completely figure out SC4 and the expansion for it LOL.

Now for my question, how do you make them and what do you have to put into them to use them on Sims 2?

Thanks guys, have a great day.
    Gina

17. GameMasterEvert_B

How to make a TS2 neighborhood in SC4

1) Choose the smallest lot (64x64)
    2) Make the landscape in God Mode
    3) Finish the landscape before going to Mayor Mode
    4) Add roads (only roads and they have to be straight, NO diagonal roads) and road bridges
    5) Save your lot
    6) Now you have a TS2 neighborhood

*Note* if you are in Mayor Mode but need to change something on the landscape :

Press CTRL+ALT+SHIFT and click the God Mode button, so you have all the God Mode functions again ;)

I appreciate that you like it ;)

18. GinaW1127

GinaW1127 New Member

Thanks

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! ok now if I make one and I like it (that never happens with any game LOL) I'll share it.

Gina

Oh yes I do, I love Sims style and Tycoon type games and this is cool, my fav part is building, decorating aand stuff. Thanks again.

19. mistyj3d

mistyj3d New Member

I just love the island one. Can't wait to have it in my game ;). I too bought sc4 to make nh, but can't get it to work. Do u have a tutorial somewhere or can u share your talent????

20. GameMasterEvert_B

First i like to say i appreciate it that you love it, it took me 2-3 hours to make it ;)

Share my tallent?

I can do that. First i played around with the landscaping tools to see what it all did. Then i decided to make an island (i just love islands) I started to make a circular shape and added a mountain and a few cliffs, softened it a bit (it's basicly raising and lower land parts with the tools = playing with them)

I don't have a tutorial for it, you just have to make a shape and make is better and better.

I will post more if i have finished them and maybe i will make a site so i can offer them to download ;)