Other games while waiting for sims2, or just fun games.

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by altec_tech, Jan 29, 2004.

1. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

I been playin La Pucelle Tactics. I love that game. When I finish it I plan to play Disgaea. Frequency is another one I've been playing alot too.

2. grizfan235

grizfan235 New Member

Just finished Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Now moving through Deus Ex Invisible War and Unreal Tournament 04. Well Doom3 just came out I might get it($54.99 is a little high though).

And can't wait until Sept. because Madden 05(for pc) and of course Sims2, both come out the same week. And I might re-install nhl 04, nba 04, and fifa 04 just for a few more good times. Still kicking tail playin Madden 04 with the Virginia Bandits and West Virginia Express teams I made!

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Meanwhile ... just noticed that Roller Tycoon 3 is due to escape on Nov 19 and that looks pretty awesome with its coaster cam and so on. Looks like this autumn/winter is gonna be one long mega-fest of sim-gaming .... :D

4. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Boy, you guys play a lot of games! I've been playing Sim City 4, but getting my behind whipped by it. (I keep running my town bankrupt! Why oh why can't I just rosebud;!;!;!; like I can on The Sims?? LOL)

5. grizfan235

grizfan235 New Member

6. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I think what she was referring to was not that she didn't have the cheat at all, but that instead of being able to !;!;!; it, you have to either cut/paste or retype "weakness pays" each time you want 1000 simoleans. It takes longer to do it that way.

I wouldn't be surprised if they fixed it so that in Sims2 it was the same way. You can still get lots of simoleans from doing even the cut/paste thing, but it takes a lot longer than the TS1 shortcut method.

7. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Yes, exactly!

8. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Geez so there is a money cheat. The first time I started a city in SimCity 4, I put it on max speed and in about 2 minutes I actually got a game over cause i was $100 000 in debt. heheh...

9. grizfan235

grizfan235 New Member

Just reinstalled the best rpg ever, Neverwinter Nights! Playing online is the best....

10. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

Are you talking about sims city 4? I heard that was a cool game! Is it really?

11. Jixxx

Jixxx New Member

Animal crossing! Its kinda like an animal version of The Sims but more free as you can explore the village and visit other people. Mucho fun.
    Sometimes abit of fun on Star Trek: Voyager Elite Force, shoot'em up *nods*

12. FinalFantasy4ever

Another AC person yay!!!! lol

13. grizfan235

grizfan235 New Member

Just can't stop surfing the net for updates on S2. They just keep popping up. And the last simschat was pretty good too.....

14. Supernova

Supernova New Member

I had a lot of trouble getting in to the chat... And none of my questions were answereed when i finally got in.

15. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Yes, it's fun. It doesn't have the personality that The Sims does, but it's still fun.

16. Supernova

Supernova New Member

I dont like how hard it si to keep a city running. Thats always what i had problems with. The people would always be "give us this, give us that". I eventually put a volcano in the middle to get it over with.

17. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

One of the challenges is to maintain your mayor rating without giving in to all the advisors and whining populace. I've found it to be better to pretty well ignore the advisors and watch the RCI indicator and maybe the general advisor (who really doesn't do much suggesting.)

Of course, you have to keep the schools and medical people from striking, but other than that I just find that I keep going with my ratings high in spite of giving them what they need in stead of what they beg for.

I've loved SimCity since it first came out for the Amiga and was very unimpressed with the PC version. Thankfully SC2K was better than that, and it continued to improve with every new version.

18. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I've been meaning to play more Animal Crossing and Sim City 4... but I went to visit my friends a couple of weeks ago and they got me hooked into playing Final Fantasy Eleven so I've joined an online game again after thinking I would NEVER try that again! :p

I'll have to try that cheat code for Sim City 4 when I play it again... haha!

19. FinalFantasy4ever

Lol I can't wait to talk to the people in AC again. I havent played it in a year or so. The are so funny when you're gone for so long

20. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I am SOOO going to be yelled at by my grumpy Animal Crossing neighbors, haha! And my town will be COVERED in weeds! :eek: :p