Cigs

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by REDXIII, Feb 23, 2004.

1. REDXIII

REDXIII New Member

Cigs

I wonder if sims can smoke? It would be cool at the store where they buy food and stuff they can pick up cigs.

(or grow a maajahana plant :p)

2. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

I haven't heard anything about if they could or not... I dont think they would since that would kind of be promoting smoking and I dont think alot of people would be up with that since alot of kids and teens play the game.

3. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Although it would be neat to have "maajahana" in the game I doubt Maxis would put illegal things into it - and it's best not to discuss things of that nature here. :)

It would be nice if they could smoke regular cigs... that would add a bit more to the reality level. Doubt they'll ever put it in the game, what with all of the anti-smoke campaigns out there. :smoke:

4. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

If it was a game that I knew not many kids under 17 played I wouldnt mind those things in the game, because it is after all just a game, but it would be to much of a problem with Maxis to put something like that in the game without alot of people complaining about it.

5. Cool_Diva

Cool_Diva New Member

For my sims, i downloaded a smoking table but it never worked so i deleted it.

6. alapokeygirl

alapokeygirl Very much in LOVE

I did find a working smoking table, I think at CheapFrills.org.

7. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

Yeah, I have found the smoking table there but never downloaded it and now that I know it doesnt work I wont.

8. Cool_Diva

Cool_Diva New Member

I got it from cheapfrills as well, but doesn't really matter now i don't really need it.

9. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Hmmm, I thought they had an interesting party machine on the game.....and I was a bit surprised at it being there (not uptight, just surprised) but my kids told me that it was a Bubble machine (although I have noticed my Sims getting rather giddy playing with it...hmmmm)...I understand the concern of parents regarding illicit items but I guess most of them have never read "Alice in Wonderland" when she meets the caterpillar and sees what he is smoking.....I don't get too uptight over some of this stuff because I look at it as an opportunity to talk to my kids about why I don't agree with the behaviour and make sure that I don't do that behaviour in my own life...I've never believed in the idea "Do as I say, not as I do"...

10. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

I agree with you on that one Bookworm! Its annoying to see a parent yell at their kids for doing something (example: cussing) and they will turn right around and do it themselves.

11. REDXIII

REDXIII New Member

lol what if you could have a job as a drug dealer/smuggler.

12. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Nah, RedX...there's too many people doing that in real life for it to be a fun option... :p

Besides, they already have a criminal option...how many subdivisions of that do you want? To me, a criminal is a criminal, no matter what area he chooses to excel in but if you open it up for drug dealers then what about serial killers and I would prefer not to go that way.....Hmm, seems to me that I heard you could download that drug option from some site already....don't ask me where but I thought I'd heard or seen that somewhere....

13. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

Yeah, I agree with you there Book. Why bring that into a game thats suppost to be fun? And yeah I know they are trying to make it like real-life but whats the fun of making it so life like that you feel like its real life instead of game? Did I make any since or did I just babble?

14. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

Well said Irish. Alittle bit of reality in the Sims is great but there is a limit. I like my games to be fun and if they introduced cigarettes maybe they should just go ahead and introduce smoking related diseases too, hey. All of a sudden the idea isn't so fun. Just imagine Sims walking around hacking up a lung on the sidewalk :eek:

15. Buggersim

Buggersim New Member

Riiiight. Like going to work every day and "greening up" is fun. The game is supposed to be a simulation of reality, which in my life is a mixture of good and bad. If you can drown in a pool or get in a cat fight with your neighbor after making out with her husband, then why can't you smoke a cigarette? I would think the death, infidelity and violence would be way worse than a bit of smoke. Sorry if that makes sense, I'm Canadian.