a joke for...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by suitemichelle, Mar 17, 2004.

1. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

During a visit to the mental asylum, a visitor asked the director what the criterion was which defined whether or not a patient should be institutionalized.

"Well," said the director, "We fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon,a teacup and a bucket to the patient and ask him or her to empty the bathtub."

"Oh, I understand," said the visitor. "A normal person would use the bucket because it's bigger than the spoon or the teacup."

"No." said the director, "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a room with or without a view? "

2. suitemichelle

one more 4 today

A woman walked into the kitchen to find her husband stalking around with a fly swatter.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Hunting Flies" He responded.

"Oh. Kill any?" She asked.

"Yep, 3 males, 2 Females," he replied.

Intrigued, she asked. "How can you tell them apart?"

He responded, "3 were on a beer can, 2 were on the phone."

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

4. surprised_by_witches

LOL! That's a good one.

5. suitemichelle

One of my husband's friends sent us the turkey....... pretty funny stuff!

6. suitemichelle

For all of our "Newbies"

Subject: Daffynitions

ADULT: A person who has stopped growing at both ends and is now growing in the middle. BEAUTY PARLOR: A place where women curl up and dye.
    CANNIBAL: Someone who is fed up with people.
    CHICKENS: The only animals you eat before they are born and after they are dead.
    COMMITTEE: A body that keeps minutes and wastes hours.
    DUST: Mud with the juice squeezed out.
    EGOTIST: Someone who is usually me-deep in conversation.
    HANDKERCHIEF: Cold Storage.
    INFLATION: Cutting money in half without damaging the paper.
    MOSQUITO: An insect that makes you like flies better.
    RAISIN: Grape with a sunburn.
    SECRET: Something you tell to one person at a time.
    SKELETON: A bunch of bones with the person scraped off.
    TOOTHACHE: The pain that drives you to extraction.
    TOMORROW: One of the greatest labor saving devices of today.
    YAWN: An honest opinion openly expressed.
    WRINKLES: Something other people have. You have character lines

7. surprised_by_witches

LOL, Suitemichelle! I just got around to reading this.

I'm sending it to my mom. She's a librarian, and a word-o-phile just like me. :p

8. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

The Washcloth

Okay, another one for us women!

There is not a woman alive today who won't crack up over this!

I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist later in the week. Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor's office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30am. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45 am.
    The trip to his office took about 35 minutes, so I didn't have any time to spare.
    As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn't going to be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in "that area" to make sure I was at least presentable. I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.
    I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as I'm sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away. I was a little surprised when the doctor said, "My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven't we?"
    I didn't respond...
    After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home. The rest of the day was normal... some shopping, cleaning, cooking, etc.
    After school when my six year old daughter was playing. She called out from the bathroom, "Mommy, where's my washcloth?"
    I told her to get another one from the cupboard. She replied, "No, I Need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside!

9. suitemichelle

LOL I'm dying here, Shana..... and on another subject:

Black Boxes in Pick Ups: The National Transportation Safety Board recently divulged they had covertly funded a project with the U.S. auto makers for the past five years, whereby the auto makers were installing black box voice recorders in four-wheel drive pickup trucks and SUV's in an effort to determine, in fatal accidents, the circumstances in the last 15 seconds before the crash.

They were surprised to find in 43 of the 50 states the recorded last words of drivers in 61.2 percent of fatal crashes were, "Oh,****" Only the states of Oklahoma, Tennessee, Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, Alabama and Texas
    were different, where 89.3 percent of the final words were: "Hold my beer, I'm gonna try somethin."

10. MegRen

MegRen New Member

:shocked: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OMG! The last two cracked me up!! I can't catch my breath!! Okay...breathe...breathe...breathe. :laughing:

11. suitemichelle

12. suitemichelle

somebody's sig:

Why don't cannibals eat clowns? :confused:

'Cause they taste funny...
    :eek:

13. Dispel Illusions

Dispel Illusions New Member

Well I love a good joke, here is one of my many I know.

A Texas Chili Contest

Note: Please take time to read this slowly. If you pay attention to the
    first two judges, the reaction of the third judge is even better.

For those of you who have lived in Texas, you know how true this is. They
    actually have a chili cook-off about the time Halloween comes around. It
    takes up a major portion of a parking lot at the San Antonio city park.

The notes are from an inexperienced chili taster named Frank, who was
    visiting from Springfield, IL.

Frank: "Recently, I was honored to be selected as a judge at a chili cooking contest. The original person called in sick at the last moment and I happened to be standing there at the judge's table asking for directions to the Coors Light truck, when the call came in. I was assured by the other two judges (native Texans) that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy and, besides, they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted." Here are the scorecards from the advent: (Frank is Judge #3)

Chili # 1 Eddie's Maniac Monster Chili...
    Judge # 1 -- A little too heavy on the tomato. Amusing kick.
    Judge # 2 -- Nice, smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.
    Judge # 3 -- (Frank) What the hell is this stuff?! You could remove dried paint from your driveway. Took me two beers to put out the flames. I hope that's the worst one. These Texans are crazy!

Chili # 2 Austin's Afterburner Chili...
    Judge # 1 -- Smoky, with a hint of pork. Slight jalapeno tang.
    Judge # 2 -- Exciting BBQ flavor; needs more peppers to be taken seriously.
    Judge # 3 -- Keep this out of the reach of children. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted
    to give me the Heimlich maneuver. They had to rush in more beer when they
    saw the look on my face.

Chili # 3 Ronny's Famous Burn Down the Barn Chili...
    Judge # 1 -- Excellent firehouse chili. Great kick. Needs more beans.
    Judge # 2 -- A beanless chili, a bit salty, good use of peppers.
    Judge # 3 -- Call the EPA. I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now. Get me more beer before I ignite. Barmaid pounded me on the back, now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I'm getting pie-eyed from all of the beer...

Chili # 4 Dave's Black Magic...
    Judge # 1 -- Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.
    Judge # 2 -- Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish, or other mild foods; not much of a chili.
    Judge # 3 -- I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it. Is it possible to burn out taste buds? Sally, the barmaid, was standing behind me with fresh refills. That 300-lb. woman is starting to look HOT...just like this nuclear waste I'm eating! Is chili an aphrodisiac?

Chili # 5 Lisa's Legal Lip Remover...
    Judge # 1 -- Meaty, strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground,
    adding considerable kick. Very impressive.
    Judge # 2 -- Chili using shredded beef, could use more tomato. Must admit the cayenne peppers make a strong statement.
    Judge # 3 -- My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead, and I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from the pitcher. I wonder if I'm burning my lips off. It really pisses me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. Screw those rednecks.

Chili # 6 Pam's Very Vegetarian Variety...
    Judge # 1 -- Thin, yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spices and peppers.
    Judge # 2 -- The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, and garlic. Superb.
    Judge # 3 -- My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulphuric flames. I pooped on myself when I farted and I'm worried it will eat through the chair! No one seems inclined to stand behind me anymore. I need to wipe my butt with a snow cone.

Chili # 7 Carla's Screaming Sensation Chili...
    Judge # 1 -- A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.
    Judge # 2 -- Ho-hum; tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili peppers at the last moment. **I should take note that I am worried about Judge # 3. He appears to be in a bit of distress, as he is cursing uncontrollably.
    Judge # 3 -- You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I wouldn't feel a thing. I've lost sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili, which slid unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of lava to match my shirt. At least during the autopsy, they'll know what killed me. I've decided to stop breathing; it's too painful. Screw it; I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just suck it in through the 4-inch hole in my stomach.

Chili # 8 Karen's Toenail Curling Chili...
    Judge # 1 -- The perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili. Not too bold,
    but spicy enough to declare its existence.
    Judge # 2 -- This final entry is a good, balanced chili. Neither mild, nor hot.
    Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge # 3 farted, passed
    out, fell over, and pulled the chili pot down on top of himself. Not sure if he's going to make it. Poor fella, wonder how he'd have reacted to really hot chili?

14. Lynet

Lynet New Member

This was on the kitchen table at work. I had to share it (don't know the source)

Great Truths that little children have learned:

1) No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.
    2) When you Mom is mad at your Dad, don't let her brush your hair.
    3) If your sister hits you, don't hit her back. They always catch the second person.
    4) Never ask your 3-year-old brother to hold a tomato.
    5) You can't trust dogs to watch your food.
    6) Don't sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.
    7) Never hold a Dust-Buster and a cat at the same time.
    8) You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.
    9) Don't wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts.
    10) The best place to be when you're sad is Grandpa's lap.

Great Truths that adults have learned:

1) Raising teenagers is like nailing Jell-O to a tree.
    2) Wrinkles don't hurt.
    3) Families are like fudge...mostly sweet, with a few nuts.
    4) Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
    5) Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
    6) Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy.

(There's a few more but I'm at work and will get in trouble if I don't log off.)

15. suitemichelle

D.I. that sounds like chili my husband would like... for lunch!

And Lynet those thoughts are sweet and perfect to be shared.

thanks both of you for sharing.

16. Dispel Illusions

Dispel Illusions New Member

Blond Jokes

Blonde's Year in Review:

January - Took new scarf back to store because it was too tight.

February - Fired from pharmacy job for failing to print labels....."duh"....bottles won't fit in typewriter!!!

March - Got excited.....finished jigsaw puzzle in 6 months..... box said "2-4 years!"

April - Trapped on escalator for hours.....power went out!!!

May - Tried to make Kool-Aid.....8 cups of water won't fit into those little packets!!!

June - Tried to go water skiing.....couldn't find a lake with a slope.

July - Lost breast stroke swimming competition.....learned later, other swimmers cheated, they used their arms!!!

August - Got locked out of car in rain storm.....car swamped, because top was down.

September - The capital of California is "C".....isn't it???

October - Hate M&M's.....they are so hard to peel.

November - Baked turkey for 4 1/2 days.....instructions said 1 hour per pound and I weigh 108!!!

December - Couldn't call 911....."duh".....there's no "eleven" button on the phone!!!

What a year..........

17. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

LMAO!

Is it okay for me to not understand June? Or January, for that matter?

18. suitemichelle

only if you are blonde, Babe. Only if you are blonde

19. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

I would really like to say I am... :eek:

20. suitemichelle

The best of several from "children's logic"

A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales.

The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was very small.

The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale.

Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it was physically impossible.

The little girl said, "When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah".

The teacher asked, "What if Jonah went to hell?"

The little girl replied, "Then you ask him ".