Locks! We NEED locks!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by mecoolazn, May 1, 2004.

1. mecoolazn

mecoolazn New Member

Locks! We NEED locks!!!

I remember this one time I was playing "Sims: Vacation", and my character had gone out on, well.......a vacation. He was innocently watching TV in his hotel room, when some goggled-eyed freak of a kid decides to walk in, and use MY TOILET. Now where in real-life, do you have people walking into your hotel room uninvited, and use YOUR TOILET? Or, like this other time.... A burgular was going to rob my house while I was asleep, and he doesn't even have to unlock the door to get in. He walks into my house as if he was coming home from work. The least thing Maxis could have done make the game more realistic; maybe by having the burgular lockpick the door or window. Cutting the wires on the burgular alarm. Something. In the "Sims: Unleashed" we see the same problems. Stray dogs and cats were running amuck in my living room, eating MY dog food, playing with MY dog's toys. What "The Sims" lacks is a sense of privacy. Hopefully, in the The Sims 2 we won't encounter such annoyances.

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I'm hoping since they emphasize that your sims will be more AWARE of things like who is in their family, and who they're related to and stuff like that, maybe they'll be better about not letting strangers (or strange pets, if they do a pet expansion for sims 2) barge in and invade you. I think privacy in the Vacation expansion might have been a difficult thing since it doesn't assign you do a room, so it's all considered public area, from the buffets to the bedrooms! :eek:

3. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Door Locks

Door locks would be very nice.

I usually tried to have the motel doors which only allow your Sim's family (and the maid) to come into the rooms on Vacation. Only problem was: they didn't always come in the pretty decor I wanted to use.

Privacy controls of some kind would be nice. A lock which could be unlocked to let in visitors would be preferable.

4. Mystical Druid

Mystical Druid New Member

Locks rock!

I would love making sim dungeons and locking the visitors inside and feeding them BAD FOOD and leaving them to flood their cell. Or better yet an expresso machine and NO TOLIET OR BATH HA HA HA Ha.
    Okay put me in the nuthouse now but locks will still rock.

5. Tri Ace Fan

Tri Ace Fan New Member

Thats hilarious XD

Well, I wouldnt mind an auto lock for certain room (Bathrooms, Bedrooms etc..).

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

An auto lock feature for the bathroom or bedroom would help a lot when the guests in your house try to come in your sims bedroom to say goodnight or otherwise pester them, and with the bathroom there would be much less shoo-ing necessary, haha! :)

7. Tri Ace Fan

Tri Ace Fan New Member

I also think that guests should really act like GUESTS, instead of doing whatever they wan't when they're greeted they should ask for permission first if they wan't anything, well not really ANYTHING just things like going to the bathroom or asking for more food, etc...

8. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Maybe sims 2 guests will act differently in your home depending on how GOOD friends they are or if they are relatives or not? That would be interesting... :)

9. SimsRMyLife

SimsRMyLife New Member

Any one have the problem with the "Stalker" When you're famous???? :)

10. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I hated the obsessed fan before MM came out (and modified him a bit.) He creeped me out (but then I've had a real life stalker for 19 years so it may have hit me differently than most people.) I especially hated that he'd come *inside* the house (even if it was to steal the awards.) But at least he wasn't as dangerous as a real one.

I just wish that the "star door" could be used by family members. I wanted to use it to keep my Sim family safe from that intrusion. But door locks might have had the same effect.

There are times when I wish we could use a toggle in option to get rid of certain annoying things. (For me: the Obsessed Fan, the clown, the raccoon, the Elvis clone and the overly familiar party girl.)

11. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

If I notice the obsessed fan before he's stolen my award, I just use the cheat move_objects on and then I can pick him up in buy mode and delete him! I delete strays in my yard, rabbits, flies, roaches, the obsessed fan, raccoon, and bear this way. :D Sometimes I even clean up after my sims and delete garbage, puddles, old newspapers and magazines, and dirty dishes!! :eek: I am my own maid service, haha!

12. Tri Ace Fan

Tri Ace Fan New Member

I leave it to hacked objects to kill the strays and sometimes unwanted guest. (Serial Killers Voodoo Doll) ^_^

13. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Oh my!! You mean that all this time I could have gotten rid of all those annoying things!! Ack!! :O I have been tolerating what I should never have tolerated...why, WHY! has no one told me this before....*sobbing*

Now if only the Sim programmers could figure out locks for our homes to keep out the annoying neighbors that (if only we had known how annoying they would be!) we would never have greeted them that first time! :devious:

14. Tri Ace Fan

Tri Ace Fan New Member

Someone already made a door with locks, HOWEVER, its not free you need to pay for it. >_>

Well, to get back to the topic, I think the chances of having locks in the game is weak, thats what I thought when a read one of the Chat Transcripts.

15. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Well, maybe if sims 2 doesn't have locking doors when it comes out, we might get lucky and sims fans might make some for FREE download!!! We can always hope!!! ;)

16. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Yay for all those devoted sim fans that learn how to create sim objects and then upload them for all of us non-techies to download for free!! Yay!! :p Creativity rocks! :D