Body Shop: The Hidden Stuff

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, May 14, 2004.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Body Shop: The Hidden Stuff

Courtesy of The Sims Zone

The Body Shop manual and tutorial do not reveal all. First of all, there are a few useful hotkeys that we found:
    • F6: Stretch the arms of the Sim/mannequin. This does not toggle back though, so once they're stretched you can't 'undo' that unless you change something.
    • F7: Zoom in to the face of the Sim.
    • F8: Zoom out to see the whole body of the Sim.
    • F9: Show/Hide the control panel. Useful for viewing those parts that are just a bit off screen, or for making screenshots
    If you have discovered other hotkeys, feel free to e-mail me with the details. Furthermore, a 'hidden' webpage has been discovered. It seems that it'll be used from within the game, as portal to the exchange. However it doesn't have much content whatsoever yet, as the real exchange doesn't exist yet. Click here to get there.

Last but not least: I've made a small utility which allows you to put Body Shop parts (*.package) files into a *.sims2skin file, so they can be installed in a more user-friendly way. Those files can be easily installed by just double clicking them, which is more user-friendly if you're distributing your parts. Unzip the file anywhere to your hard drive and run the Sims2Packer file. All required DLLs are included in the zip file. You can download it from this page (1.3 Mb).

IMPORTANT NOTE: This tool is not supported by Maxis or EA. ChEeTaH and/or The Sims Zone are not responsible for any damage done by this tool. Support can not be provided, but suggestions are welcome. Using this tool is entirely at your own risk. Feel free to redistribute this program, but don't make any modifications to any of the files, which includes the zip file itself.

[Update 1:50] I accidently missed out 2 DLL files in the initial downloads. The file is now available again, redownload it if you were having problems. I've also posted a version without the DLLs (for if you have The Add-on Handler 0.3.0b or later, or the Neighborhood Handler 4.11 or later) at this page (23 Kb).

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Thanks for the tips! Now I'm SO tempted to try the arm stretching but afraid to since I can't change back! Does anyone know if this reverts to normal if you close the program and then start it up again? :p

3. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

tool tips?

thanks too..... but when you're making a new texture, etc.... what are you supposed to put in "enter tool tip here" where do the tool tips come from?

4. STKMisu

STKMisu New Member

The outstreched arms change back to normal if you save your sim or view another sim. No restart is necessary.

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I was wondering that too. It's not explained in the manual.

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I've just been putting the name I want to use as the tool tip entry, I'm not sure if the tool tip is what makes the alt text that comes up when you hover your cursor or not.... But it might be. Next time I'll try entering different text as the tool tip and see if I can figure it out. :)

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Am I the first to discover that you can rotate your mannekin on the stage by "dragging" on an elbow (wrist) if arms are outstretched? To be honest I wasn't sure, at first, if it was just generous hot-zoning for the rotation buttons down in front of the stage. It seems a bit hit and miss whether you actually catch hold of he critter ... having said that once I got used to it I was dragging my poor Sim all over the shop.... :D

8. JupiterMoon

JupiterMoon New Member

You dont have to save to change the arems back just hit one of the other hot keys i cant remember exactly which one but F9 should work and the arms go back to normal.

9. Tri Ace Fan

Tri Ace Fan New Member

I never noticed it, this is neat! ^_^

10. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Oh, this has me LOLFOMCL. I can just see it! (But it started making me think of all the "nursemaid's elbows" that I've had to fix over the years from a parent or caretaker tugging on a toddlers wrist or the toddler suddenly sitting down for a tantrum while the parent or caretaker was holding onto their hand.)

11. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Yes, I discovered that clicking and then dragging the mouse across the sim itself would rotate it, it seems to work similarly to other 3D display programs I've seen for showing off stuff like model cars or planes. I didn't realize I could rotate my sim from the full screen (F9?) view too! (and the up close full screen view as well!) But it's hard to catch hold, like you say!! :D

12. allstargrl117

allstargrl117 New Member

i just put the name of the file it works...

13. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Thanks, that's what Faeluna said too...... I tried it and lo and behold....

Now, can anyone tell me how to import patterns and textures into the photoshop. It's a little limiting to only have burlap and wood to make clothes out of... And how do you import graphics for tees and caps and stuff?

14. Bri5002

Bri5002 New Member

Hey!

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHH!!!!! How Do U make SCEENSHOTS!!!!???? HOOOOOOOWWW!!!!???

15. ringleesim

ringleesim Computer Overlord

Of course it does. That is if you didn't save it before you exit out.:D :p :p :D

16. ringleesim

ringleesim Computer Overlord

ok,ok nvm just press either 7 or 8...

17. Sadie

Sadie New Member

Hmmm..

It isn't so hidden now... is it? ;)