Not another delay!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Mystical Druid, May 15, 2004.

1. Mystical Druid

Mystical Druid New Member

Not another delay!

Argh! Why did they have to throw in september delay? I would rather of had a june 1st release then an early release of the sims 2 body shop. It has been a bit of a disappointment actually, but I suppose its from having bad wardrobe selections.

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I don't know why people consider the September release a "delay". They said it would be released in the second half of 2004. September is definitely part of that time frame. June1 release wasn't even in the time frame. The second half of the year starts in July.

At least we have a firm date now. I'll be interested in how long it takes the game dealers to have the correct date.

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I didn't think September was a delay either, it IS in the second half of 2004!! :D Now if they had changed the date to the year 2005 THAT would have been a delay!! :eek: Just cross your fingers and hope it doesn't have a delay NOW and have to set back the official release date!!!!

4. Mystical Druid

Plan ruining.

I was really hopping I would have summer to play the sims 2. Hmm we could get it to release at june 1st but that requires incredible ammounts of 12 hour a day slave labor.

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Haha are YOU volunteering to DO that slave labor? ;) :D

6. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

September?
    *counts the days
    That's like... more than two months away now. :(

*goes into a delay-induced comma

x_x

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Oh no! Wake up Snake!! We can't have you in a coma all this time!!!

8. DarkLordRasputin

DarkLordRasputin New Member

The delay sux yes, but think of it this way now the game will be like perfect when it comes out because now they have 3 more months to work out bugs and stuff:rolleyes:

9. Mystical Druid

Ughh I would go to those events they post on the sims 2 website but I would have to go all the way to california to go there.

10. KatAnubis

Evidently if you don't already live in the state, they don't take you. Someone was saying that she got a call back from them and they hung up on her as soon as they found out that she wasn't from California.

11. DarkLordRasputin

I think Sept.17 is perfect now:D It will give me time to collect money to buy it and im gonna get some other things too.

12. KatAnubis

I hope you don't really expect the game to be "perfect." Even with additional time to work on the game, there will still be surprise glitches. They fix as much as they can but they can't catch everything.

One of the things we heard from the people who went to The Sims 2 University last November was that the game was "crashing" a lot. That would certainly be something that they would need to work on. But that could take a lot of time and still leave a lot that they didn't find.

So, I suspect that it will be a more stable game than before, but there will still be occasional glitches. There's no such thing as a totally bug free computer program. (That's why there's that joke about "that's not a bug; it's a feature". Some things can't be fixed so you just find a way of working around them.)

13. DarkLordRasputin

Right i know that, but what im saying is that the delay will be a good thing in the end im sure. It will make that game more stable and just that much more amazing to play:squareeyed:

14. Bri5002

Bri5002 New Member

Um...Dude? Its not a delay....Its the release date!

15. Mystical Druid

Actually it is a dealy.

The release date in its self is a delay. Because the time they said before was mid summer. But the release date is in itself a delay to september (argh school starts!) :mads:

16. KatAnubis

Maxis *never* said midsummer. The game vendors and the fans were all hoping for midsummer. Maxis said "Later half of 2004" which includes September. The only real delay has been from Spring/first quarter 2004 to "later half of 2004."

17. afropower234

afropower234 Truly Ancient

I agree. All of that other stuff that yall herd was from fansites that were over excited. The only thing they sed was 1st quarter '04. Now that they say Sep 17 the odds of them changing it are low. Because after you publicaly release a date for something to come out, changing it would cause comotion all over. So this most likely is the last date change. BE HAPPY!! :) :)

18. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

I really on't care about the date the sims 2 is coming out. I know I just care if it does come out! But I know I can wait