What Paint Programs are you using?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, May 29, 2004.

1. wize_guy123

wize_guy123 A ***** Retiree

I use Photoshop 7.0 myself... it is a fairly simple program... expecially when you try to do things yourself instead of having to buy a manual!

2. mAster_Inept

mAster_Inept New Member

photoshop 7 (not good at it)

usually the corel draw 11 suite and photopaint

3. SoCalSimer

SoCalSimer New Member

I'm not too bad with my Photoshop 7.0, but am a hopeless novice when it comes to skinning, meshing & Sims 2 Bodyshop. That's why I came here. Looks like great forums for very basic questions. Kudos to all for a good site.

4. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

Well I never downloaded BodyShop. It takes to long to download so I'll just wait until the sims 2 come out and I'll be able to get that

5. mAster_Inept

mAster_Inept New Member

...smart person...

good idea...

and btw socal, i suck at all that too...i can do meshes a little bit, but mah texturing is hopeless.

6. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

I thought that downloading bodyshop would be boring to sit here and keep waiting to download while it takes hours to download.

7. alaskasmith

alaskasmith New Member

I finally got a decent version of Adobe Photoshop... until a month ago I used the free trial Photoshop 5 that came with my scanner. ;)

In the past I've used the Corel stuff but found the lack of layers limiting.

I draw logos and stuff with Adobe Illustrator... and use the texture generator that comes with Corel Photopaint on occasion.

8. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Which Corel product did you have that didn't do layers? My Corel Painter 8 does a great job with layers. (I use them a lot!)

9. mAster_Inept

mAster_Inept New Member

corel

i know photopaint does layers...although it calls them objects (well as of photopaint 11 anyway)

i think i've seen layers in draw as well...but then it's object based so i'm pretty likely to be wrong on that one...

10. wize_guy123

wize_guy123 A ***** Retiree

I got PS 7.0

11. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

I really don't think no ones knows but Manger Josh do you really need photoshop if so is there a software, that i can buy and install it on my computer. Will it help the sims 2 run on the computer. Can someone let me know something!

12. alaskasmith

alaskasmith New Member

I have a pretty old version of the Corel stuff... it's likely they're called something else back then (masks maybe? or objects?) and I just never figured the silly things out.

Adobe is the better graphics suite... they no longer teach Corel software at any of the graphic design schools I looked into. I'd say... if you're just simming, use whatever feels comfortable. :) But if you have to learn graphics software for any other reason, choose Adobe. (Photoshop for raster, Illustrator for vector) It's pretty much the industry standard now. ;)

13. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

While Adobe products are the industry standard, they are also by far the most expensive. So, if someone just wants to use it for skinning, they can use pretty much what they want. (It is handy to have the ability to do masks and layers, as well as several of the other things that Photoshop, PSP and Corel's Painter 8 and the earlier Photo-paint can do.)

14. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

Do you need photoshop?:confused:

15. alaskasmith

alaskasmith New Member

True :) Which is why I said if you're only using it for skinning there's other options. Until recently I used Photoshop 5.0 LE, that they distribute for free with digital cameras and scanners!

If you're using Adobe for other things, chances are you'll get a discount (in my case a student one... in others' an employee one...) and it won't break the bank. But EEK I looked into how much it was otherwise... just rediculous!

16. Vegetta

Vegetta New Member

photoshop cs\\I also have Coreldraw 11 and use it for making vector stuff and making fonts...I have illustrator 10 but dont use it all that much (mostly for print stuff)

17. JakeCourtney

JakeCourtney 3d Artist

Photoshop CS.

18. afropower234

afropower234 Truly Ancient

Paintshop Pro 8 for me.

19. Gethsemanae

Gethsemanae New Member

I use Microsoft Picture It: Photo Premium 9; it came w/my computer. Its user friendly and took no time to master. Irecently downloaded a trial version of Paint Shop Pro 8 and so far its ok. But its taking much longer for me to get the hang of things. I'll keep trying.:)

20. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

(O T) I see by your reply count, you are new to worldsims so let me extend our warmest welcome...