Bush or Kerry?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ManagerJosh, Jun 26, 2004.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Bush or Kerry?

and why? I think I'm going to vote for Bush. Regardless, I think Kerry is just bad news for this country and that his policies will a turn for the worst.

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

disagree

Not so sure... Bush has totally ignored the health care situation, and way too many manufacturing and technical jobs have been shipped overseas. At this rate our kids will be stuck selling hamburgers that no one can afford.

3. ManagerJosh

actually outsourcing is good for the economy overall. Lower opportunity costs allows us to produce other things more efficently.

4. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

bush and taft are in cahoots with each other. both of them are saying the head start program is useless and are not putting any money to it so my mom's probably gonna have to look for a new job after the summer is over. (btw, she's a bus driver for head start).

if i was old enough to vote, it would be Kerry hands down.

5. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Bush in 2004

If I was an American I would certainly vote Bush back in. I haven't seen him do anything "wrong" and he seems better that Clinton (at least Bush hasn't lied about some things.) He's stood up for the U.S. by not being a pushover with a few situation and he was right about the Weapons of Mass Destruction existing.
    I'll admit that he does stick his foot in his mouth a couple of times and some of his comments were probably meant to come across as jokes, but to the people watching it it sounds stupid/insulting. Really, who hasn't done both of those things at one time or another?

I haven't paid much attention to Kerry even though I think he'll probably win this year, since America seems to be going that way.
    Living in Canada I've got enough things to worry about.

6. Pixie

Pixie Yoga Queen

Truthfully, politics are a waste of time... unfortunately, this country is based around it, so no way of avoiding from time to time. I think Bush has done all he could... and then some. I have friends who are close to those in the military who are dealing w/this, and they've told me that the american soldiers in iraq aren't being allowed to come home after their year or whatever is up. They are making them stay there because there just isn't enough people to run the place...
    Also, they are calling on these reserves, that aren't really reserves, they are people who used to be in the military who aren't even in active duty, their names are just still on the roster, and now they are being sent back into duty cuz so many people are dying. I fear a draft might be near... *ponders*
    So my answer to your question is...

ANARCHY!!!!!

...hahaha, just kidding... but on a more serious note... I have no idea... I don't have TV, so therefore I don't really watch any of the election news...nor do I care. :)

7. mattho

mattho New Member

:silly: :silly: :silly: :rolleyes: . 'Nuff said ;)

8. mattho

mattho New Member

Noo nooo... Opportunity cost is the next best alternative that productive resources could have been devoted to.

This means that when you have lowered opportunity cost, you have produced more efficiently (because resources have been put to their best use).

Opportunity cost does not allow you to produce more efficiently, it just means that you have done so.

9. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

While I am not an American I do hope that President Bush is re-elected as he and his party seem to be the only ones that appear aware of the threat that the U.S. is facing over these terrorists. Anyone who thinks that the terrorists will stop killing if they are treated nicely has never been in the real world. When I was in school the bully loved to hurt and harass the others until someone stronger or smarter fixed his "little red wagon"...such as this occurs in the world too...Did Hitler and his buddies leave the world alone when England's P.M. Chamberlain gave them Poland and Czechoslovakia? Doesn't anyone remember Chamberlain's big speech about how doing so gave Europe "peace in our time"!? It has been said that "those who don't remember their history are condemned to repeat it" and that is what I fear for this world. The Bible says that while men are crying "peace! peace!" disaster will come and I certainly see it coming when people (and I see this in my country of Canada with the media bias influencing the average person to hate Bush and his politics and support compromise with the terrorists)think that they can deal honorably with dishonorable men. These terrorists want everyone to stay out of their way long enough to pick off each country, one at a time until they have control of the entire world. They plan to kill and murder until they get what they want...does anyone with a rational mind truly believe such fanatics can be dealt with reasonably? As a child, I was taught to try and turn the other cheek on a bully but that at some point I would have to stand up for myself and fight when negotiation had failed. That is what I see Bush doing...the time for negotiation is past, now is the time for fighting. I just wish the leaders in my country saw it the same way...

10. huskerman007

huskerman007 The Monkey

If I was old enough I would vote for bush because he is chasing down all the terrorists with Kerry the terrorist would be chasing us.

11. mattho

mattho New Member

Care to explain? Whether Bush or Kerry is in office, the terrorist threat is going to be there regardless.

What evidence do you have to support your argument that Kerry would somehow be less fit? :confused:

12. Online

Online Guest

I hope Kerry Wins, I think the economy is a bigger issue than terriosts. TO get funding to find and kill terriost, we need to get money, that is jobs. With the five minutes i of news i have watched this month, I hope Kerry wins. I dont like politics, how come George Washington Couldnt stay alive longer.

13. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

i agree. I hope kerry wns. while ive got no personal preference between kerry or bush, obviously kerry can do better than bush.

14. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

The terrorist threat may always be there, but at least Bush took some action against them. Kerry could easily be another Clinton where if a terrorist act does happen he'll look the other way - instead of taking action - until it escalades into something like a New York scale attack.

15. geargail

geargail New Member

Handwriting Analysis says "Bush" is Friendlier to People.

Graphology never lies.

Kerry's Handwriting indicates he's cold, hates emotional sentamentality. He hates the idea of weakness of any sort ---- This was reported on the 11 o'clock news in Portland Oregon's FOX channel 12.

Even though I'm afraid to vote for either one of them...

Your better off with Bush than that other Backstabber.

Temathi

16. Online

Online Guest

how do you know that Kerry wouldnt do anything agianst Terriost. Kerry would of had us out of there by now, Bush is a moron that is getting our people killed. Why are still in there, O yeah beacuse we are gonna help Iraq, Iraqi is a biggger mess sinnce we came in there and now we are losing lives over nothing.

17. ManagerJosh

i feel Kerry is nothing more but a man who tries to please everyone and would go as far as even saying two things that conflict.

A good example would be the war on Iraq. He critizes Bush for going to war however Congress is the only one who can authorize war and Kerry voted in favor of going to war.

18. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

yeah, but you also forget that bush was the one who lied about the WoMD's. heck, if i was told that sadaam had WMD's, id vote to go to war as well.

19. ManagerJosh

True, but we're all monday night quarterbacking. There's no real evidence that there Bush lied. As far as we know, he could be taken responsibility as the President. After all, the buck stops there.

20. mattho

mattho New Member

That depends on what you consider to be "real evidence". Regardless, going to an all-out war under false pretences, without UN approval, -and- without "real evidence" to WofMD himself, isn't exactly right.

http://www.buzzflash.com/contributors/03/07/22_lies.html

http://www.bushwatch.com/iraqevidence.htm

So what you're saying is, if Kerry were President he -wouldn't- take action against terrorists? He -could- be another Clinton? How would we know if he hasn't been elected to that position yet?