Long hair for males.... any idea when?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Gryphon, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon New Member

Long hair for males.... any idea when?

Just what the title asks :winks: . Any idea? Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. :)

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

As soon as Maxis or a fan makes the mesh for long hair.

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I'm guessing someone who knows a lot more about meshing could probably somehow see how it is on the women, and get that to work on the men. I'm trying to remember now whether any of the men we've seen in the sims 2 previews have long hair? Since males can wear make-up in sims 2 it seems like they should be able to have long hair too, as a maxis creation and not just fan created eventually....

4. nanshi_nibble

nanshi_nibble New Member

I have definitely seen guys with longer hair (shoulder and even longer) in some screenshots.

5. Silkymoon_J

Silkymoon_J New Member

This guy sort of has long hair. If anyone figures out how to do that kind of mesh for men i wish they could let me know.[​IMG]

6. nanshi_nibble

nanshi_nibble New Member

silkymoon...you can not yet change the meshes. In one of the newletters/articles that came out recently about sims2, it said something to the effect of that it may be some time before they create a custom content creator to do this (although I am sure that some of our more brilliant sim hackers will be able to do this sooner!)

7. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I don't think it will take hackers. I think it will be our graphic artists who are already familiar with using Maya who will be able to provide us with more meshes. I'm hoping that will be the case!

I think that the hard part with new meshes may be in getting them processed into the system. In the past we just put the .cmx and .skin files into a folder. Now it will have to be put into a package instead. The hackers will have to help with that part (although I think that they've already figured out how to do it, although I only saw a single post about it and none since.)

I suspect that Maxis did the .package file thing so that they had less to worry about with crashing from a bad file. If everything you need for a specific outfit is in one "package" then you won't be missing something which was needed. And it won't go into a package if it is corrupt (hopefully) so the worst is that the outfit just won't show up.

I just hope that we get more meshes soon. I was really hoping for a content pack, but it looks like it won't be this week.

8. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Does anyone know if they plan to release another content pack of meshes etc. for use in Body Shop before the game comes out? I know people are HOPING but I hadn't heard anything from Maxis about it. :(

9. Gryphon

Gryphon New Member

That was actually what I meant by my original question.... I should have asked.... does anyone know when Maxis/EA Games is going to release a new content pack with long hair for males? :)

10. nanshi_nibble

nanshi_nibble New Member

I heard vague rumours that they were planning to release more...however, when I look around I can't seem to find confirmation from MAXIS about this.

I would love it if they do, but with only 2 months to go 'til TS2 is released (and given that BS was released 2 months ago - yep 2 months!!!!) I actually am beginning to doubt weather they will release anymore prior to the launch of TS2.

What I meant was that it will need to be a hacker that can extract the files, then Gdesigners to create new models/meshes. Anybody know any sims-hackers who might be attempting this?

11. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I agree that it will take some sort of program (hacker or Maxis made) to make those meshes accessible as well as a way to insert new ones in the game.

As to the rumors about content packs, this is where they came from:
    -------
    MaxisDarren (May 13, 2004 6:07:54 PM)
    The plan is to release more packs before The Sims 2 comes out, but we don't have a firm date yet. Right now everyone on the team is definitely focusing on getting the game as great as possible.

--------

12. nanshi_nibble

nanshi_nibble New Member

So is maxis telling big fibs??? :D

Lets keep our fingers crossed for another pack this Thursday

13. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I don't think they're fibbing, the way it was worded they PLANNED to but it looks like getting the actual GAME finished is higher priority than releasing more meshes for body shop before the game comes out. So we can only hope we get lucky and someone has spare time to put another set of body shop meshes out in the next month or so.... ;)