Chicken pox

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by coreyt2003, Jul 19, 2004.

1. coreyt2003

coreyt2003 New Member

Chicken pox

wouldn't it be cool if you can get chicken pox

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Why would you want me to get chicken pox? :D

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Perhaps it would be a way for for flame to burn em off? :p

4. mattho

mattho New Member

Nice idea. I wouldn't say it's so far fetched considering in the last Sims we had the sims contracting diseases from the guinea pigs.

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

What is it about chickenpox that people seem to actually like? Chicken pox (aka varicella, which is a relative of herpes) is not a good disease. It kills and permanently injures more people than you can imagine. Some people just get a few itchy "dew drop on a rose petal" spots, but the secondary infections (like the flesh eating bacteria, which seems to really like chickenpox as a way of starting), varicella encephalitis, varicella pneumonia, varicella hepatitis, varicella keratitis, shingles, generalized varicella and the other complications are far more common than one would think, especially among babies and people over 14. And if you catch it at a "chickenpox party" the likelihood of getting a complication is higher because it get stronger when it passes through a human host like that.

I thank God that chickenpox is less common now that we have the vaccine. It used to be a nightmare for many pediatricians like me.

6. Supernova

Supernova New Member

I think what was meant was chicken pox in the game. I'm not sure I'd want my Sims contracting to many diseases though. I figured out the hard way that guinea pigs killed my Sims. He sneezed himself to death.

7. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

That would be cool. I think chicken pox would be awesome.

8. SeeMe23

SeeMe23 New Member

Yeah that would be cool! Like a kid ora teenager really wanted to go somewhere. But they couldn't cause of chicken pox! And one of the adults or elders could watch them.:D

9. SeeMe23

SeeMe23 New Member

But I do see your point Supernova. Hey, what if they had a vaccine for it too. hee hee!:p

10. ringleesim

ringleesim Computer Overlord

I would not want my sims to get the chicken pocks cause then they would have to stay in bed all day... if you mean me then ... well... I can't get the chicken pocks!!! I've already had them and I got a shot for them... I am pock free!!!:D :D :D :cool:

11. Supernova

Supernova New Member

I had some really annoying chicken pox. Umm... or pocks. I have a whole bunch of scares from them. I got em in like grade 4 or 5. But now I never get them again! Woo!

12. wize_guy123

wize_guy123 A ***** Retiree

I got chicken pox when I was like 3 I think and I only scratched the one on my nose and now I have a scar on it... Boo Hoo.. I am just thankful I got it young!

13. Supernova

Supernova New Member

My biggest scar is like the size of a penny. It was the first chicken umm, pock that I had. I mean its huge. But at least its not in a very noticable place. On my side, almost below my pants, and always hidden by my shirt!

(whats the singular for Chicken Pox?)

14. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Pock. As in pockmark (which is what a chickenpox lesion can leave as a scar.)

I had chickenpox at 15 months of age and incredibly I remember it. It's my first memory that can be verified. I have multiple scars even though my mom kept my hands completely wrapped.

Then a few years ago I got shingles. Now I have a new scar where it started under my nose. (I thought I had a serious bacterial infection of the skin when it first started, but it spread "funny" which made it more recognizable as CPX.)

15. ringleesim

ringleesim Computer Overlord

I got them when I was a baby... I dont think I have any scars though.....?:confused: :)