Sims 2 CD or DVD preorder

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Ricky, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Ricky

Ricky New Member

Sims 2 CD or DVD preorder

Hey whats up everyone an how is everyone been at this formum?

Has anyone been to Best Buy lately and seen the Sims 2 preorder boxed set for $10. This is just to let everyone know its out and comes with 1 cd,

*pre-purchase of sims 2
    *interviews with experts- Over 60 minutes of secret tips from game designers.
    *The Sims 2 Film School 101- Get moviemaking tips, tricks, and special effects
    *The Sims 2 Cinma- Watch filmsmade with the new in game movie maker.

Just purchased this here but if anyone else has please speak up an also if you figured out how the preorder works since we only pay $10 im guessin there is a form or info on the cd. Anyways have fun just wanted to mention this deal at BEST BUY. HAVE FUN ALL!

-Ricky

2. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Won't you have to pay more later? selling a game for $10 is so low its probably a crime. I mean, I pre-ordered my DVD copy for $60 CDN.

3. Ricky

Ricky New Member

Guessing this copy would have to pay more when try to get a copy but it is a pre-order with noutihng but the extra stuff on cd, real life video footage of testers, will wright himself speakin about the games an stuff. If anyone has any input at all keep replyin! Guessing thats hopefully part of the game price an probably take sale ticket back to store an show them as proof i paid for presell copy.... best idea here of how it works

4. Pimms

Pimms New Member

I noticed this on the website that they are selling the bonus disk for $10 if you pre-order the Sims 2. As far as I could tell it was the bonus disk that is to come with the game but Best Buy is shipping it seperately before the game comes out???? I don't know it is hard to understand so check out their website to see what I am trying to explain. ALSO their DVD preorder is priced at $39.99 but does not mention the bonus disk so that may be why it is lower I have no clue. If it is lower by $10 part of me wishes I would have noticed before I preordered at gamestop but if it doesn't come with the bonus Cd then it is ok because I still want all the bonus stuff. Anyway someone else check out the site and let us all know if we can really get the bonus disk before the actual game comes out if we take this route. www.bestbuy.com
    ~Pimms~

5. Ricky

Ricky New Member

All I paid was the $10 and it came with the Sims 2 Insider Preview CD, so wondering does that mean I really pre-ordered it althought ticket even says "sims 2 presell" and thats how the box makes it out as. If you had bought this everyone what would you expect, probably just when its released take the ticket/box to store an try to get an immediate copy an pay up rest of ammount.

-Ricky

6. Pimms

Pimms New Member

Yes I just made a trip to BestBuy to check this all out in the rain lol. This is what happened I got the Preview CD for $10.00. Then they give you a preorder receipt and the $10.00 is credited to the total game price so when it comes out in September you take the reciept back and pay the remaining amount. I was excited to get the preview CD because I thought it would have a bunch of new things on it but there wasn't much new. The CD was pretty much the same as the "Sneak Preview" CD that game with Makin Magic except for the following (the list below is correct as far as I remember but I have not currently reviewed the Makin Magic CD again to make sure:(

-one new video previewing gameplay by Luc Barthelet, this same exact video can be seen at IGN.com for free just play the windows media version. It is a great video and my favorite definetely go check it out if you haven't already.

-a new mini-game which is just a a kissing booth for sims. You pick one sim and 3 judges and get them to kiss and they rate the kisses. Pretty simple and not really a game, more like a preview to see how the different kisses will look in the sims. Once you see all the different sims and what they look like clothes, actions etc. you are pretty much done with it. There are 12 sims and it took me maybe 5 mins to see all the different options so not that exciting. Aslo the other minigame Family Tree is on this CD but I am not sure if it was on the other? Regardless the Family Tree mini-game is available for download on the internet and shouldn't be hard to find.

-some new desktop wallpapers.

-short video of Sims University which includes comments of fansite owners who were invited to preview the game.

- short video of staff of Sims 2 including comments on what it is like to work on the Sims 2 project.

-short video from Will Wright telling joke.

-closing short video of Will Wright thanking all the fans and custom content creators who love the Sims games etc.

I think that was all. I hope that no one is offended that I disclosed this information I just want people to realize that the Preview CD is almost the same as the "Sneak Preview"CD and to not get all excited and cancel their preorders somewhere else just to go preorder at Best Buy and get the Preview CD.

~Pimms~

-

7. Pimms

Pimms New Member

Of course if you haven't preordered yet and want to get a Preview CD (and haven't seen the Sneak Preview CD that came out with Makin Magic) this is a cool option to get the preview cd and pay $10.00 towards the game. So go ahead and get it at BestBuy (this is the only place I have seen to have the Preview CD so far?) My previous post was just for people who have already seen the Makin Magic preview and don't care to see the small amount of changes on the new Preview CD. Just wanted to clear that up so it doesn't sound like I am against the entire idea of having Preview Cds of Sims 2 before the game comes out I think it is great.
    ~Pimms~

8. ringleesim

ringleesim Computer Overlord

im still pre-ordering at gamestop...

9. Ricky

Ricky New Member

Exactly at least someone else found it.... insider cd isnt much new except the beta testers sayin how sims 2 is awesome an he tells a joke, game wise there is that kissing game an the family tree also.

thx for the input, has anyone else went an got it......good way to have the preorder but not spend the entire amount all at once.

10. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Ive already pre-ordered at EB. I dont really care about missing out in a preview CD. I'll just play the Sims 2 when i get it and find out how it is then!

11. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Thanks for the info on what exactly is new on that preorder cd. :D By the way... was Manager Josh one of the webmasters interviewed in the videos? ;) :D

12. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

He sure was. Josh Chin, World Sims.

Of course, we also know about the other Josh (from SimStuff) who was also in the video.

13. ringleesim

ringleesim Computer Overlord

I just pre-ordered TS2 DVD Edition from Gamestop.com and it is coming with a bonus CD :D It has a bunch of extras and I can't wait for Sept. 17!:) :p

14. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Bonus disc, or just extras? is it the extras already described in the DVD version, or a new disc completely?

15. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

I think if I was going to pre-order then I'd pre-order both of them so if one mess up I'll have another one to fall back on

16. KatAnubis

Gamestop's bonus disc is in addition to anything that comes on the DVD. Basically, it has some games, some interviews, some of the stuff which was also on the MM preview disc, as well as some stuff from TS2U where we get to see pics of both our Manager Josh and SimStuff's Josh.

17. Josh

Josh Owner (SimStuff.com)

What did you guys think about the interview and comments I left. I haven't seen the disc yet :D

18. KatAnubis

Actually, the amount of time you or Manager Josh are on the screen is only enough to say "look, there they are!" It really didn't leave much of an interview (at least not enough for it to stick in my brain.)