I pre-ordered TS2......

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by SimPrincess10, Aug 1, 2004.

1. SimPrincess10

SimPrincess10 New Member

I pre-ordered TS2......

And i gave them 10 dollars to give me this preview CD. I opened th e box and all there is is the cd and thats all. I thought they would give you papers or something to prove that I pre-orderd The Sims 2 but thats all there was. When Sep.17 somes what do I do to get my pre=ordered copy?

Please Help:confused:

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

who did you order it from?

3. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Some of the people who've gotten that have asked what to do and were told to bring the box back in to get their game.

4. Pimms

Pimms New Member

I did the $10 preorder thing too at BestBuy (not sure where you got yours but only place I have seen so far is BestBuy). When I paid for it they gave me a white receipt stapled to a Yellow paper (the yellow paper is the actual reciept the other part was for a online survey). So as long as you have your reciept from the purchase you will be ok. I would guess that taking in the box only wouldn't be good enough and you would have to have a reciept to show you already paid the $10 towards the game. This is my opinion though but almost 100% sure.
    ~Pimms~

5. ringleesim

ringleesim Computer Overlord

I'm still pre-ordering from GameStop... Yup, yup, yup!

6. SimPrincess10

SimPrincess10 New Member

]Oh I preordered it from BestBuy. The Guy was clueless. My dad asked what the deal was about the preordering and he didnt say anything. Im scared that when i go to get my copy there wont be any more :( Oh and I still have the reciet.

7. Ricky

Ricky New Member

Yes same thing just take your ticket/reciept like you get with any sale an that should be proof enough..

Pimms did you say they gave you a yellow ticket also? you should be fine with the regualr sales ticket thought, they didnt give one here..... althought had a sales person at registar that didnt know about it also.... Anyways just to reply, the white ticket isnt for a survey its a normal ticket, as long as it says "SIMS 2 PRESELL" as item then show it an they can tell you did pay. The box might help you but shouldnt matter.

8. SimPrincess10

SimPrincess10 New Member

Thank you Ricky. I don't know what Ringleesim was talking about this ''yellow receit'', but I did get a very long white one! Thankyou all:D

P.S How do you get that icon next to your nickname? I really like Rickys ''Cheif Wigams'' icon

9. Pimms

Pimms New Member

Yeah mine was yellow it was a full page with my purchase info printed on it. There was also a white paper stapled to it with information on their online survey but the actual receipt was on the yellow paper for me. Must just be how this store does it but yes I would expect it to be on a normal white receipt. Sorry to confuse anyone. As long as you have the receipt you will be ok.

10. Supernova

Supernova New Member

I got mine pre-ordered at EB and payed the full price up front. I got a white reciept with a little yellow piece of paper stapled to it. The reciept says Presell: the Sims 2. I thought it was just easier if I payed all up front.

11. afropower234

afropower234 Truly Ancient

I got mine from Gamestop and they gave me a recipt that states how much i put down and a stub W/ my last name, the name of the game, the address, the store name, and how long I have to go get the game after the game comes out. They say present the stub and the receipt and I get my game.

12. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

I pre-ordered from amazon 3 months ago!

13. Angelic Slayer

Angelic Slayer New Member

Im only pre ordering it next week and its the CD version but it comes with a free T-Shirt .... WOOHOO :D

14. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

i pre-ordered mine a few weeks before last xmas from funcoland (now gamestop).

15. afropower234

afropower234 Truly Ancient

I got mine a few weeks after christmas from Gamestop.

16. daddy

daddy New Member

Hi,

I ordered from ebgames.com and go free overnite shipping! :) they still have that deal too!

D

17. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I preordered it at Electronics Boutique. I had to pay $5 and I got the promo-CD and that was it. :confused: No box, no slip. But, I had to give the guy all my information, name, address, phone number, ect. And he said my game would be in for pick-up on Sept. 15th. :D

18. Jotu

Jotu New Member

They'll probably call you when it's ready so you can go, tell them who you are, and pick up your preorder

19. superdude746

superdude746 New Member

Hmm..weird

20. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I'm not gonna give him the chance to call unless it comes early. That day I'm planning on taking the day off and being there very soon after they open. :D