Hi I'm New

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Kristalrose, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Hi I'm New

Hello there. I'm new here, thought I'd do a quick introduction before I started pestering y'all with questions.:p I'm Kristal. I'm a married mom of three, and I live in North Carolina. About two years ago my husband bought us a new computer for Christmas, and bought each of us a computer game. He bought me the Sims. By Valentines Day, he was buying me "Hot Date", then "Unleashed" for my birthday, then I kept buying expansion packs myself because he didn't want to "feed the addiction". LOL I have been waiting impatiently for the Sims2 since I bought "Making Magic" last fall and watched in enclosed promo disk. Yesterday I pre-ordered mine from our local "Electronics Boutique" after peppering the poor guys with about a million questions they couldn't answer, like, "Will the Sims I have made on Body Shop be able to upload individually or can I upload them into households as families?" LOL!! They assured me my game would be there for pick up Sept. 15th. Well, we'll see, since the official date is Sept. 17th. (I'll call 1st before I drive 45 minutes to the mall LOL). Anyway, thanks for having me. I've lurked here a couple of times and y'all seem like nice people just as addicted as I am.

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Welcome!

I used to live in Greensboro. I spent 3 years there (doing my pediatric residency at Moses Cone, with some time also spent in Winston Salem and Chapel Hill.)

3. nanshi_nibble

nanshi_nibble New Member

Hooray! Hello Kristalrose welcome to the cult of the sims!

4. Jotu

Jotu New Member

I haven;t ordered my copy yet :D Probably gonna get money for my birthday on the 30th, and since Dayton OH dosent seem to have very many avid sims fans I doubt the local stores will sell out :D

Anyhow, welcome! I'm rather new here too, more of a long time lurker, just now began posting though ^_^.

5. grizfan235

grizfan235 New Member

Same here, Covington VA is full of console gamers so the local Wal-Mart should have plenty anyway. Hey, great to met you Krystal. I think were all hooked on what Will Wright has created. The suspense is killing me while I wait for S2 to come out. Its almost here!

6. daddy

daddy New Member

Hiya,

I'm new here as well. I haven't been that much of a Sims player even though I have the Sims deluxe, which I just bought earlier this year. I dont know why, but I'm excited about the Sims 2. I even pre-ordered the DVD version from ebgames.com (and got free overnite shipping). On their site it say game ships the 14th. I'm assuming the 14th is when I'll get it, because of previous orders I've gotten on the ship date. :) But I'll just wait and find out.

7. grizfan235

grizfan235 New Member

I love NC! They have a lot of cool places like the beach and one of the best zoo's ever. I love going to the North Carolina Zoo, its awesome. I also love visiting all the race shops in the Charlotte area.

GO Dale Jr.!!!:cool:

8. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Hey, Grizfan, I know where you live. :) Well, at least, I know of Covington. My hubby and I grew up in West Virginia and we drive "home" several times a year. One of our usual bathroom/gas stops is in Covington off I-64. You live in absolutely beautiful country! Not far from Covington, there is a sopt off of the interstate that looks like a picture postcard, with a sream and the mountains in the backgroun. Just beautiful. Lucky you! Thouhg, I do not envy you all the construction on I-64. :)

9. grizfan235

grizfan235 New Member

Lots of construction in Cov. right now. Pretty quiet place to live, I like that! I love shopping in Roanoke better than in Covington(Roanoke actually has real malls).....

I've lived her all my live and don't think I'll move unless I get a better job or fine true love. LOL:eek:

10. Jotu

Jotu New Member

Aah, you guys are making me miss NC allready ;(

Every year or two I drive up to Hickory and then Matthews to visit friends that live in those areas :) Really beautiful place to live, love the hills around there :D.

-Jotu

11. drumsticks200

drumsticks200 New Member

hi im new too btw..does ne1 noe where i can d/l photo workshop for free?or do i have to buy it:confused:

12. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

We do not support the piracy of photoshop or any other software.

13. KatAnubis

You can download a free trial version of Photoshop from Adobe:
    http://www.adobe.com/homepage.html

Also, you don't have to have the most up to date version to do wonderful stuff with Photoshop. You could get a used copy of it from Ebay or one of the software remainder places like halfprice.com. These are legal places to get it.

14. Supernova

Supernova New Member

I want photoshop, but most of them seem to expensive for me. I wanted to make custom content but i dont have the money for the program right now. I think i'll just try and find stuff others have made that fits my purposes.

15. KatAnubis

If you want something similar to Photoshop but you want it for free, then GIMP is supposed to be very good.

http://www.gimp.org/
    http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/stable.html (this is supposedly an installer for Windows)
    http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/faq.html (A GIMP faq)

16. Jotu

Jotu New Member

I've tried the GIMP on my various linux installs, I must say it seems powerful and can read and write to the photoshop format, but theres something about it that just makes me choose photoshop first.

I do, however, use the free OpenOffice instead of MS Office :)

-Jotu

17. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Well, if i had a choice id probably get photoshop, but the moneys not there...