Will you buy the strategy guide for S2?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by grizfan235, Sep 5, 2004.

?

Will you get the strategy guide for Sims2?

Poll closed Sep 20, 2004.
  1. Yes, why?

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  2. No, I'll just play it without.

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  1. grizfan235

grizfan235 New Member

Will you buy the strategy guide for S2?

I will probably wing it for a while and maybe get the guide later(if I need it or not)...

2. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

whats to strategize?

3. Supernova

Supernova New Member

The SIms 2 doesnt really need to have a guide to play it. Its not like I have to know the secret to level 2768 or something :D . Ill might get it some other time later.

4. grizfan235

grizfan235 New Member

I guess it would just help you advance through the aspirations quicker. But from the vids it doesn't seem that hard as long as you avoid the fears....

5. Supernova

Supernova New Member

The whole fun is in the suprises! Besides, the basic gaming norm is that you never buy a walkthrough on the first play through the game. Then you buy it for all the secrets and such.

6. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I think that this one is where "your mileage may vary". Everyone has their own favorite way of playing. Some people like surprises and working out all the details. Others like to know what to expect and dislike surprises. (I'm in the second group.)

There's nothing wrong with people wanting to be surprised as long as they don't make *me* be surprised too.

I prefer to have the guide and read it very thoroughly. (I'm detail oriented so I even flag pages that may be good for future references and make notes in the margins as I play.) But not everyone has to be like me (and I try not to spill surprises that other people would enjoy.)

7. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Hmm... I suppose it would be different with the Sims 2 (as it doesnt really have an end), as opposed to an RPG of some sort, which does have an end. I suppose it would be okay to have a strategy guide for the sims 2, but I personally dont see a need for me to have one.

8. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

Well I am, so that it can walk me through the game!

9. litl_mama1971

litl_mama1971 New Member

I would like to have it just for the sheer fact that I like to read anything sim related. But I won't get it cause I am spending enough on the game. And I don't really wanna spend the money on the book.

10. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Ya I dont really have the money for a strategy guide anyway...

11. petallotus

petallotus New Member

I got it.

I bought the guide today. Didn't want to really to spend the $20 bucks for it but I did. But I would like to have something to walk me through the game in case I get stuck.

12. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Thats why I'm not buying the strategy guide. You buy them usually if your stuck, or you need to know secrets. And I dont think that its possible to get stuck in a game like The Sims 2, and i prefer to find the secrets for myself.

13. grizfan235

grizfan235 New Member

The guide is like 300 pages from what I've heard and has a lot more than just gameplay. It tells you how to make movies, neighborhoods, and better ways of creating sims with bodyshop....:cool:

14. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Okay, y'all talked me into it. Where's it for sale? Can I get it at Wal-Mart? :rolleyes:

15. J Mo

J Mo New Member

EB games has it, I purchased it last night and read a lot of it, good stuff!!

16. Supernova

Supernova New Member

I dont have enough money to buy it anyway. Im trying to save up for the new Warhammer 40000 rulebook. Its like $60.

17. grizfan235

grizfan235 New Member

I'm getting it at BestBuy Thurs. when I buy the game too....
    That way nothing can stop me from S2 glory!!!:D

18. Mocha_Kisses

Mocha_Kisses New Member

I'm a lil confused here. I see that some people are saying that they purchased the Sims2 strategy guide already and I'd like to know how and where they got them please. After reading these posts I immediately called 3 different EB games in my area and they all said the same thing...that the guide wouldn't be for sale before the game was releashed on 09/17. Before that I called Prima Games ( publisher ) and they said the book wasn't even published yet and was expected to be releashed or in stores on 09/21. If anyone knows where the book is actually sold now before the game comes out I'd love to know.
    Prima Games - Strategy Guide: The Sims 2

Prima also has an 800# for the US that you can call to verify release dates for their strategy guides 1-800-733-3000. You'll need to push the #2 prompt twice and a recording will ask for an ISBN# ( like a stock # ) for Sims2 it is ...0-7615-4292-2 and then the # sign. I'm In California so maybe people in other states have access to it before others. Any info would be appreciated....and btw the book is 350 pages.

19. Supernova

Supernova New Member

well, a whole freakload of people seem to have it already... And it IS supposed to be available before the game. And since the game is coming out this week, I'm not suprised its out already. Personally, I dont think you have the right information.

20. Mocha_Kisses

Mocha_Kisses New Member

Thank you Supernova that was very informative