Good Way To Tell If Your Computer WIll Run TS2

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jotu, Sep 6, 2004.

1. copter

copter New Member

The Game Advisor was cruel to me-it informed me that my video card was not good enough to play, but it actually was. So if you too own a Intel chip that isnt too old, don't be too worried if it tells you your video card is inadequate ;)
    Copter.

2. Jotu

Jotu New Member

I dunno, do you have a 2 GhZ + processor? Most of the intel chipsets dont support T&L

3. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Ya, I think he does have the 2 GHz. It was answered in another thread.

4. copter

copter New Member

Yep.
    Copter.

5. Jotu

Jotu New Member

Ah, well I guess things cant be perfect :p Theres always a bug SOMEWHERE in microsoft-related software. (Even though the game advisor is developed by futuremark..)

6. copter

copter New Member

Lol very true Jotu ;p
    Copter.

7. lewisa

lewisa New Member

Your PC has:
    [​IMG]Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2666MHz[​IMG]Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600[​IMG]Memory: 256MB[​IMG]Free Disk Space: 39.64GB[​IMG]Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP

This is actually the first time Im really proud of my computer.. Im going to be extra nice to it this week.. :p

8. Supernova

Supernova New Member

give it a gold star or something :D

9. ILuvDaSims

ILuvDaSims New Member

I got Windows 200

I got windows 2000
    so will the sims 2 still work with that??:confused:

10. h_banana05

h_banana05 New Member

Only 2 MB short...what are the odds?

This is not fair! The Sims 2 website says I need 256 MB of RAM to run the game, and the Windows Game Advisor told me that my computer only has 254 MB......2 MB short! Is that even possible? I thought it only came in like 128 and 256 and so on.....not 254! WHY WOULD MY COMPUTER DO THIS TO ME....do you guys think the game will run anyway? Is the Windows Game Advisor a big fat liar that has bad personal hygiene and needs to go take a shower, not lie to me about how much RAM I have? Someone please help me....should I go ahead and buy the game and hope it works, or is this a lost cause?

11. Jotu

Jotu New Member

If you are being reported 254 MB of ram then it is likely that you have an integrated graphics chipset that is using 2MB of the system memory, and if that is the case then it is most likely not T&L capable.

12. astaregod

astaregod New Member

ILuvDaSims: win2000 should support sims2 as well as other games.

13. crdpolaris

crdpolaris New Member

Like they know....

I think Maxis released the game TOO early. I would have rather waited then have a ton of compatibility issues. They should have done a community alpha test to weed out these problems. This game has conflicts with two of the best and most popular video cards out there (Nividia and Raidon series). The game advisor says my computer is way over the requirements, but ironicly enough I get random crashes that I havn't been unable to fix.

Here is all the stuff that I have tried...

-turn off antivirus and firewall. Didn't work
    -turned off antivirus, firewall, and all background programs. Didn't work
    -As well as the previous issues taken care of... I then set all graphics to low, audio quality to low, and even tried turning the music off with (sims2 icon, properties "-nosound"). Didn't work
    -Set AA on my video card to Application Controlled. Didn't work
    -Run ALL Direct X Diagnosis. Passed with flying colors. Game still didn't stop randomly freezing.
    -Checked virtual memory, its set at 700, and 500 is required.
    -Made sure my sims2 file was writable in the right places and not on "read only". Didn't work.
    -Reinstalled the entire game. Didn't work.

I'm very upset and frustrated at the moment. I don't know what else to try.

14. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Just what are your system specs?

15. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

That's what I believe too. The game needed more time. I have random crashes, last night the game flashed pink and black. :eek: I think it's going to be another SimCity 4 (Hurried game) with a 15mb patch. EA hurries things because they want money. With all the old Maxis games (Without EA) how many problems did we have with them? EA wanted money and we can't do anything about it. :(
    [​IMG]

16. MZB

MZB New Member

ok mine said that the sims 2 will run on my computer but i had already installed the sims 2 and when i went to play it this thing kept coming up saying that the sims 2 has crashed now im really confused?

17. Supernova

Supernova New Member

I dont seem to be having ANY problems with my game. I guess Im one of the lucky ones.

18. The_Scientist

The_Scientist New Member

I was really looking forward to getting the Sims 2 this week, but now it looks like I won't be able to play it:

[​IMG]

I hardly even know what that graphics card is... Can someone please tell me if the one they recommended is worth getting, or would it just manage doing the job? Also, how much are they approx., I've looked on the net and I can't seem to find anything, but maybe that's because I'm stupid at those technical things lol.

So I can't play the Sims 2 at all with my current graphics card? I'm so dissapointed :disappointed:

19. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

aim for a GeForce 6600 or nVidia FX5700

20. Fizzbang

Fizzbang New Member

Uh, my computer is dead on with minimum requirements and it says that my system couldn't play the game.

Only difference I can see is that I have an Intel Pentium 2000mhz, and it requires a Intel Pentium 2ghz... I thought those were the same thing, though. Aren't they?