How can you tell which package is the right one?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by suceress, Sep 11, 2004.

1. suceress

suceress New Member

How can you tell which package is the right one?

I didn't plan to ever upload my skins before but now that I've made some I wanted to upload them. Unfortunately I can't tell which package is the right file because some of them had similar names. So I have some labeled with the code before it and then medlgt. I have 3 of those files and don't know which one is the right one. Is there a way to tell which package contains which custom change? Or do I have to delete them from the menu in Body Shop and see which one is left? (which is really a pain to do).

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I believe you need to do your deletions in BodyShop where you can see what it is you are deleting.

I wish that the package files had more easily recognized names. But they are trying to make them in such a way that they are less likely to cause crashes. If we don't mess with the names of the package files and change things in them, then crashes are less likely.

After all, they expect that if you share a file it's going to be packaged first.

At least we *can* view all our content in BodyShop without a 3rd party program. And BodyShop lets you actually see the content on a body, rather than having to pick out the one you want to delete from a series of similar .bmp files.

3. suceress

suceress New Member

Drats. I guess I'll just have to copy the files as backup and then delete.
    If I paste them back into the savedsims folder will they show up or would I have to move them to my download files?