Who has received The Sims 2 Today?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Sep 14, 2004.

1. ringleesim

ringleesim Computer Overlord

Jeez... I'm still waiting for mine to ship :cry: :( :( :( .

2. Jotu

Jotu New Member

Heh, the graphics are amazing!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. ringleesim

grrr... I want mine NOW!!!!

4. Mocha_Kisses

Mocha_Kisses New Member

I got mine this morning at Game Stop. It seems that only pre orders are being filled and walk-ins have to wait until Friday. Hopefully it isn't that way at all stores. EBgames said they would have it on the shelves this morning so good luck to everyone that didn't pre order. Doesn't seem fair that you should have to wait. Happy Simming everyone!!!:bunny:

5. afropower234

afropower234 Truly Ancient

My dad is gonna take me to Gamestop in 2 hrs!! I cant wait!! :) :)

6. ashley0422_20

ashley0422_20 New Member

I ordered mine from gamestop in aug and i got it tuesday and itz been fightin in my house none stop since it came, between me and my cuzz and sister because we have 2 desktops and a laptop and one dvd edition of the sims cant wait for the no cd crack to come out because now they are home and i had to give up the disc because i had been playin since 12 when i got out of class.

BTW
    my sims family has 2 kids a boy and gurl and one on the way

7. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

There will never be a NoCD Crack released. Maxis never released it for any of their games nor will they start.

8. ringleesim

Please, explain to me, what is a NoCD Crack and what does it do???

9. Jotu

Jotu New Member

There are NoCD cracks for most Maxis games, though they arent technically supposed to be used. Basically they are patched game executables that remove the protection that searches for the CD on loadtime. This typically dosent mess anything up since the game only needs the CD to verify that you own a copy, though some games (Like the original sims) store music files on the CD that need to be copied to a local foder to work.

10. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

sorry to say though, but no-cd cracks have never been made by maxis and they usually involve a third party, who never follows the rules.

11. ringleesim

Okay, okay, I get it...

Thanks!

(I still haven't gotten The Sims 2 yet.......)

12. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Just got mine at 12.30pm in the UK. Off now to install ... byeeeee!

Oooh PS The shelves at PC World were groaning ... think the store I visited (Merry Hill, Dudley) has hundreds of copies. I didn't check Walmart's British baby Asda but they probably have it too. They were selling Doom 3 when it came it out.

13. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I finally got mine on the 16th, after running to Best Buy on the 14th to find out they had my pre-order but were going to HOLD IT IN THE BACK STORAGE area for TWO DAYS for no apparant reason... because they said that was store policy for ALL games they sell... :eek: I will never order a game with them again! The wait was AGONY! :p

14. litl_mama1971

litl_mama1971 New Member

I had gotten mine on the sixteenth at best buy. They were pricing them when my hubby snatched mine. But he didn't know they were pricing them. He had just seen them. I was so happy. Didn't get to play it much for a while cousin after my hubby did the upgrade the computer would only start sometimes. Turns out though it was bogged down by my sims countdown wallpaper and a bunch of adware crap.

15. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Grr adware is always trying to sneak in! I hope you got it all cleared out and are having fun playing Sims 2 now! :D