Relationship Questions

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Soup, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Soup

Soup New Member

Relationship Questions

I have a few questions about relationships:

1. Is there any way to tell if a Sim is a teenager or an adult? Example: I have an adult male Sim in the Romance Aspiration, so he likes to flirt. I had him continuously flirt with a female Sim, but after wasting many hours on this, I figured out that she was only a teenager. How can I find this out, before wasting time on her? (And also I felt dirty on his behalf...) They seem to appear the same when you click on the relationship status bar.

2. One of my elder Sims had an affair with a married adult woman, and they currently have two children. She's still married, but I'd like for her to divorce and re-marry my eldery Sim. How do I get her to divorce? She already lives and sleeps with my Sim, and they have two children. Also, she is white and so is her husband, but her two new children are black, just like the man she is having an affair with.. You'd think the husband would figure this out...

3. Does having a better relationship score with the help improve the service? For exmaple, if I tip the Nanny often and chat with her a lot, will her lousy service improve?

2. bangin knee song

bangin knee song New Member

About the first one... ha, I was having the same problem with my romance sim. I had him build up some high relationships with a few people, only to realize later he couldn't go any further romantically because they were teenagers (and now one of them is calling him non-stop and won't leave the poor guy alone). The way to tell is by their height, teenagers are a little bit shorter than adults. Adults of either gender should be about the same height.

Sorry, can't help you with the other two...

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Re Q 3. I have got the maid up to best friend status in one house. She always asks if she can "hang out" when she's finished work. At first I thought: Oh that'll be cool. In truth NOT. She's just like any other visitor. Haven't really noticed if she works better. I sure wouldn't waste effort befriending the half-dead nanny. NPC's don't do a tap of work once they clock out so don't even consider making a firefighter a buddy .... :)

4. Soup

Soup New Member

Ah, OK that makes sense. I was going by how they look in the relationship status menu, and also the "call a Sim" feature. There, the teens look almost exactly like an adult. But you're right, I just noticed that once the teen is standing with the adult, they are noticably shorter.

A side note: I wish there was a feature to see another Sim's age when you view their stats in the relationship menu. It'd make things just a bit easier.

5. Soup

Soup New Member

I'm just frustruated with the anny situation. I was hoping that tipping her a lot (and often) would make her do some actual nanny-duties. Oh well. I guess my grown-up teenage son can never move out so that he can tend to his siblings.

6. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Hehe. My romance sim was trying to hit on the newspaper girl.... hes creepy! Actually, lately hes been having trouble with his wants... What with work and the new alien baby his roommate had....

7. Soup

Soup New Member

I'm trying to get a male sim to have an alien baby. Are there any tricks to it? I know that you have to "stargaze" from 20:00 - 2:00. Will only adult males get pregnant with alien babies? Or can it happen to teenagers and elders?

8. Simophile72

Simophile72 Good mommy, Bad mommy

One of my elder Sims had an affair with a married adult woman, and they currently have two children. She's still married, but I'd like for her to divorce and re-marry my eldery Sim. How do I get her to divorce?

Have her cheat on her husband while hes in the house by attempting whoo hoo with a same sex friend. Then the option of "break up" will appear for him, and hit break up, and off she goes to the family bin. Happenedto me by accident. I wanted the mom to move out with her son, and when he "broke up" with her, she hit the road and now the son wont live with her.

Simophile72

9. Blower

Blower New Member

I dont think its possible to flirt with teenagers when your an adult - only friend style interactions are available i.e the intention being a teenager could not date an adult for PC reasons.

1. Teenagers look different - they have typically younger features (bust/hips/height) and have a different set of clothes to adults. Also see above :confused:

2. Yes, cheat and have it witnessed, then break them up (if she's moved in, invite the old husband, make sure he's on the same lot, WooHoo with new desired partner)

3. The service NPCs (gardener, maid, nanny) are coded to do the same job regardless - so no, relationship does not effect service quality.

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Teens are also shorter than adults ... this much is soooo unlike real life. I'm no short-house myself but some 10yr olds are able to look down on me. :(

11. kato

kato New Member

help

Re 1: You can usually tell if the sim is a adult or a teenager by going to the relationship bar and see all the heads of the people. The teenagers head will be slightly smaller than the adults.

Re 2: I did the exact same thing in the pleasant family. The adult male sim of the pleasant family ( dont know his name)
    was having an affair with the maid and i wanted them to move out and get married so i made mary-sue walk into the lounge room when they were making out and then mary-sue had an interation with his husband that said break up or divorce or something like that, so in your case get the elder to do something romantic with his girlfriend and invite her husband over so the husband will see doing stuff and he will crack the s**** and devorce

Re 3: I agree with the maids lousy service. I made a guy with a romance aspiration and i made him fall in love with the maid. I didnt really take notice of the improvmant in her service though.

12. pretty_princess

pretty_princess HeY tHeRe

YA I MEAN ITS KINDA EASY TO MAKE SIMS DIVORCE:cool: :)

JUST MAKE THE MAN GET IN LOVE WITH ANOTHER WOMEN AND GET THE WOMEN TO MEET AND BE IN LOVE WITH THE GUY U WANTED HER TO.THEN AFTER THE RELATIONSHIPS R 100,INVITE THEM BOTH AND MAKE THEM KISS THE ONES THEY FELL IN LOVE WITH AND THEYLL HATE EACH OTHER THEN LET THE MAN INTERACT WITH HIS WIFE AND U WILL SEE SOMETHIN NEW"BREAK UP"CLICK ON IT AND THATS IT!;) :)