Troubleshooting Keeps going to overhead and has taxi drive away

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by suceress, Sep 20, 2004.

1. suceress

suceress New Member

Keeps going to overhead and has taxi drive away

Hey folks, I posted this at the official sims site but got no response so I'm coming here.
    I recently installed Sims2 and I used a custom neighborhood from Flameback as my frist try. I made a family and moved them in. It showed overhead view of the house and then zoomed to show the taxi driving away. I went to start moving my sims but it kept restarting the sequence and showing the overhead and taxi driving away over and over and over. It does it between every 5 to 45 seconds.
    I thought maybe it was the neighborhood so I tried one of the default ones and a new family. Same thing happened. So I used an existing family in an existing neighborhood to move in. Same thing.
    So I tried to play an existing family already in a house but when I try to tell them to do stuff its like the animations are missing. I tell them to chat and they start and suddenly abort and stand there and no relationship changes register.
    I don't really like any of the existing families and I can't play moved in families. This is really frustrating me.
    Anyone have a solution?
    Oh, and how do I turn aging off (assuming I ever get it working).

I forgot to mention that none of my sims have anything in their Wants and Fears bar. The Aspirations tab often does not even work.

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Hey! You think my neighborhoods stuff up like that? :p ;) If they stuff up the only thing that will happen is that some of the neighborhood will go sky blue. :eek:

3. suceress

suceress New Member

It's not your neighborhoods doing that. It's all neighborhoods. Even the ones that came with the game.
    I was just playing the game with the Broke family and everytime I told the stupid sims to put the baby in the crib they stood there and did nothing. It's so frustrating. I think I give up on this game. My only regret is that now that it's installed and registered I can't return it and get my money back.

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Is it doing this to the default Pleasantville/Riverside, Strangetown and Veronaville neighborhoods?

5. suceress

suceress New Member

Yes. It does that same thing everytime I move a family in to any neighborhood. Regardless if the family is of my creation or one that was already in the game. I'm about to go uninstall and reinstall to see if it fixes the problem.

I reinstalled but it still does the same thing in the default neighborhoods even. Ugh.. I hope Maxis comes up with a patch.

6. Gebbinn

Gebbinn New Member

Uninstall the game completely.. using the windows add/remove programs. Once you uninstall it, go into your windows explorer and delete the sims2 folder and everything in it. Next, clean your registry with any registry cleaning tool... I reccommend that you use Symantec System Works, but you have to pay for it,, there are free ones out there, just have to research to find one.

Once you get all that done, turn your computer off completely, and boot it back up.

Now reinstall the Sims 2. DONT use any 3rd party neighborhoods, instead start the game in its original state, and try to use a default family. It SHOULD work now, if it doesnt then you have another issue lying deeper in your software. If this doesnt work, then reply and I will see what else we can do.

7. suceress

suceress New Member

Ok. I uninstalled completely and did all that. I haven't tried moving a family in yet. I've been playing with existing families. I've hit a couple snags though.
    1. the learning meters don't seem to be moving at all.
    2. the fast forward modes don't work.
    3. When I try to put the baby in the crib the baby keeps falling out onto the floor and then cries. The baby then falls asleep on the floor but energy bar won't go up. What am I doing wrong?
    I'll let you know if I still have the glitch when I move in a new family.

Ugh. I moved a new family in and it did the same glitch... :-(

8. Gebbinn

Gebbinn New Member

What are the specs on your system?

9. suceress

suceress New Member

I have Windows XP Home edition OS
    AMD Athlon 1.4Ghz processor
    1Gb DDR SDRAM
    GeForce4 Ti 4600 128mb vid card (with newly updated drivers)
    Philips Acoustic Edge 5.1 Sound card
    Directx 9.0c