The Simmer's

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Vchat20, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

The Simmer's

Well, I Just started my first family in ts2. I Am Continuing the Simmer Legacy :D

2. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

can you post back here every now and then and tell us what's happening with the simmer family please

3. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

well, after some issues with ts2, ive now moved the simmer family into a custom made household in veronaville. its a 2 story house (3 including the currently unoccupied basement). Vchat and Nina Simmer are a very happy couple right now and are about 24 or 25 days from being elderly. and Nina has been pregnant for atleast 2 or 3 days now. she should be due any day. there have been a few ups and downs such as a few burnt tv dinners t'ing off Nina and then Vchat coming in and wanting to make out. but other than that, there are a happily married couple and i await tommorrow when i can continue the lives of Vchat and Nina Simmer. :D

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

nina simmer? O_o

perchance is it inspired by our very own Helen? :p

5. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

nah. just a random name i picked out.

6. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

well, to continue how the simmer household has progressed....

Nina had her baby. it was a boy and his name is Gordon. so far he has grown up into a toddler and has 3 days to go to get to the child stage.

in that time span both Nina and Vchat wanter another child so once again, Nina is pregnant. now just to await the birth. hopefully it will be a girl this time around.

7. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

ok. first big news is that Nina almost died. luckily Vchat wasnt fr so i had him run to the kitchen where Nina was and had him plead for her life. he won so Nina is still alive. a little while later Nina finally had her baby. its a girl. her name is Jennifer. then very shortly after we had a small birthday party for Gordon who is now a child. ill post up the family's loading screen soon.

8. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

well, Gordon is getting an A+ in school now although it may drop sometime during my next playing cycle since he went off to school without finishing his HW. Jennifer is now a toddler and already knows how to talk and is currently working on the potty training. both Vchat and Nina want another child, but im not gonna even bother. atleast not until Gordon and Jennifer grow up into Teens so they can help take care of the baby.

also, Gordon has a GF now. shes one of the original sims. iirc her name is Katherine (forgot the last name). Gordon and Katherine communicate alot through chat and email so far.

and heres the new family load screen.

9. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Haha that sounds cool. My neghborhood is funny. Its full of lies and deciet.

10. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

That is so great! I have a family based on my own that I have been playing for days now. Pregnant Kristal died and her hubby won the plea for her life, too. We now have 4 children, Allen-teenager, Lexi-who started out as a child and became a teenager, Aiden-who started out as a chubby baby and is now a chubby boy, and toddler Alexander-who has brown hair and looks a little weird to me. LOL Kristal and John keep wanting to have another baby, but I"m putting it off, too. And John keeps sneaking off to the single girl's houses!! Every time I play the single girl's (their family name is Hotties) he shows up and eats their food and sits in their hot tub!!! Now, if I caught real-life John doing that. . . :dead:

11. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I'm loving the updates on the Simmer family!! :D

Your family sounds pretty exciting too Kristalrose!! :eek: I still haven't gotten the sim versions of me and my hubby to look right yet to see how we turn out as a sim family.... :)

12. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

well, some good news here. Gordon is now a good friend with Katherine. im trying to see if i can get him up far enough to continue a relationship later when he turns into a teen. which brings me to another question: if gordon grows up, katherine wont follow will she? ill have to play her family to the point of making her a teen wouldnt I?. anyways, to continue: his other friend though, Orlando, has stopped calling Gordon but instead calls Vchat at all hours. whether vchat is available or not i simply have the sim that answers the phone say hes not available.

also, Jennifer is now grown up into a child. looks so much like her father. havent had much time to work on her any. i quit the game as soon as her birthday party was over.

the new loading screen is below.

13. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Aww the kids are cute!! Look like a handful though! :p

I think Orlando is the same kid that keeps calling my adult sim and pestering him on the phone all the time... poor kid wants to be friends I guess!

I hope you play Katherine to be a teen at the same time as Gordon so they can see if friendship blossoms into more! ;) :D It's your game though, but I hope you update us again to tell how Gordon's teen years go. :)

14. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

oh yeah. ill definitely be updating for a while. and i will definitely be playing Katherine's family this afternoon to get her a day away from teen status. so when i go back to playing the simmer's, i can get gordon up to teen status, then simply go back to katherine and get her up to teen status.

15. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

ok. i found out the family names of both Katherine and Orlando. they are Gregory and Butler respectively. but one eensy weensy problem. i cant find the families in any neighborhood. i tried looking at each and every house that was place and even checked the family bins and have had no luck. any ideas why Maxis would leave the families unplayable? i dont see why they would be NPC's considering the fact that most if not all NPC's are there for one single purpose such as a maid, clerk, etc..

16. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Maybe they are like the Townies etc. from the earlier Sims 1 expansion? I haven't gone looking for them yet, I just thought they would be neighbors somewhere since I met them on the community lots.... hmmm.....

17. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

well, after running into some confusion with the adoption service yesterday, i had to basically bulldoze the house and reload it with a package i already packaged the day before. only downside ive seen here is that the relationships are lost. so now Gordon is interested in Carla (once again forgot the name. all i know is she is a redhead), and Jennifer is now interested in Orlando. whether or not they continue the relationships into their teen years depends on if Carla and Orlando are townies and if they will grow up automatically over time.

Nina is once again going to have another child. shes not exactly pregnant yet, but she should be within a sim day or so.

where i left off, Gordon and Jennifer were at school. Gordon is 2 days away from being a teen and Jennifer is 7 days away. Nina and Vchat i dont remember offhand, but it was like 16 or 17.

18. Rhaevyn

Rhaevyn New Member

I just wanted to say that I am enjoying this board very much and love to check in to things like Vchat's Simmers stories and other family happenings you all are having. It's making my long wait to get this game that much easier to tolerate.

I'm HOPING to be able to get it this coming weekend. Problem is, my daughter wants it too, we have 2 computers. But $100 is a bit steep for my first paycheck in 4 months :silly: May have to get one copy and "share"

Anywho... by the time I do get the game, I'll have a lot of up front knowledge when I load it up, so thanks to you all for what you share and bring to this forum. I at least feel like I will have a better understanding of things when I do finally get to play.

19. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Ive found that a lot of the "townies" are in every neighborhood. I built my own neighborhood, and a whole bunch of the same people from Pleasantview showed up at the house of my first family. Theyre just there I guess.

20. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

also, on a side note, one thing that i just noted which almost knocked me out of my chair is that Gordon looks just like a younger version of myself. uncanny resemblence. including stuff like eyes, nose, etc.. and considering the fact that he wasnt self designed but instead was determined by the parents genetics makes it very odd imo.