Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by 008125, Sep 23, 2004.

1. 008125

008125 New Member

Is it worth it?

This really doesn't have anything to do with the game itself but i was wondering if it is really worth the money! Right now i really want TS2 and will do bout anything to purchase it but is it worth it! Is it as good as everyone says?

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Well depends on what your definition of good is...

3. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

I think it is, yes. It's a totally different game to the first one, I mean no matter how good you were at the first sims game you'll need to learn everything again with this one. They've changed things (for the better) so much, but that's half the fun. The sims are so much more life like in this and if your just into building the houses you'll be in heaven, with the ability to build a 5 level home if that's what you want to do. It's an amazing game, much better then the first (although I'm hoping that early next year we'll start to get the expansion packs). I think that if you want it, you should pay the money and buy it. :D Mine cost me, $100 plus I bought the strategy guide too which was another $23. It was a small fortune but I don't regret it for one minute! Buy the game, you'll LOVE IT!!! Oh but make sure you buy it just before a weekend or when you have a few days off with nothing to distract you because you'll get so absorbed in the game you'll forget all else.

Cass. :bunny:

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Struth, Cass! A hundred bucks for a game! Whatever happened to the OZ currency? I just looked it up and AS100 is US$70 and GB40 ... so not as dear as I first thought.

Incidentally the game is quite cheap here in UK. High level of competiton between the main supermarket chains and the big games sellers. The RRP is 40 but it can be got for around 33 in most areas. How does that compare in other countries? Try to show the rpice in hours at your country's minimum wage.

eg UK 33 = 7 hours at mimum wage.

5. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Hmm... US federal minimum wage is $5.15 (had to look it up), so...

US $50 = 9.7 hours at minimum wage

6. JoeOldfield

JoeOldfield New Member

Price

i think my carer/bestfriend/ex etc(lol) spent 34.99 at game but that was because she had a game card, it would have been 37.99 otherwise so she had to work roughly 6.46 hours to get the game.....

7. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

Okay, I had to look this up too... minimum wage is $12.30(full time, adult) so it would take 10hrs to earn what I paid for both the game and strategy guide.

Cass. :bunny:

8. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

don't forget taxes folks!

9. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Mine was $49.95, plus $10 for the tank of gas to drive to the mall and pick it up, plus $25 for the family dinner we bought that night so I wouldn't have to cook. LOL Haven't bought the strategy guide yet. Starting to think I need it. I am having a lot of challenges. I thought I had the original sims pretty much conqured, and this one is giving me fits. One night I had trouble sleeping because the social worker had showed up and taken all the kids. Of course I didn't save it, but still, it made me sick!!!

10. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

my sim wife is going nuts because she wants another kid.... and hasn't got the first out of diapers yet and she is in love with her brother in law. is it worth it? yes yes YES

11. 008125

008125 New Member

lol thanks everyone