How to get twin babies

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by sexierjess14, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sexierjess14

sexierjess14 Depressed Soul

oh now I know. So far I've not tampered with those lol. Only thing I ever used was the screenshot and camera options :p but yeah sometimes I do have problems controlling my sims. Because there was once the sim dad entered the pool and I was busy attenting to the mom and children. Next thing I know, the sim dad is about to die because the pool has no ladder :eek: and at that time, my sim mom was having a pair of twins (thanks to the hack :D ) and it was preety difficult controlling them especially when they we're toddlers.

and sometimes, sim children can be a pest also. My sim kid has a full "outgoing" bar :eek: and he likes to do weird actions and his mom will lecture him almost everyday. One thing I've noticed is, although I gave the sim mom things to do, it just cancelled automaticly and she'll just lecture the son. Is it a bug?

2. aliendrone

aliendrone New Member

i donno how you make your sims have family and kids and stuff. i try with my guy and there love meter would be 100 love but no hart icon. heck i try to make the sims guy and his girl friend take a nap in the same bed but she play games and eat all the guy food and goes home. oh well i'll try again soon with this family thing.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Some sims just don't hit it off, Alien. I'd make them some new playmates if I were you while there's still time ... :p

4. aliendrone

aliendrone New Member

hey Mirelly long tiem no see.
    ya i think i'm going to do that next time i play the sims2. but i need a bigger harddrive for my computer.
    if worse some to worse i'll make my guy adopt a sim child.

5. sexierjess14

adoption can be preety fun. I made a sim female and get her to adopt a baby. This is because she is single and her wants are only filled with "love" thingys. And I couldn't get her a lover because she can't seem to get along with anyone and I don't know why. :confused:

so I opted for adoption. She was having her wants fulfilled with the baby around :D but when the baby grew up to a child, I was erm...shocked? because the child *cough* mind me for saying this, the child turned out like some alien that's been rejected by the entire alien race and thrown to earth. :eek:

sometimes is risky because the child you adopt don't look "nice". lolx

6. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

LOL!!! At least when you have the social worker take some kids in the neighborhood, you know what you're getting.

7. sexierjess14

LOL!!!! Good one :p I tried the adoption thing on my family last night because their child got taken away once. But after she was taken away, they had another child which was a girl also. When I did the adoption, I was lucky and I got her back. Now it looks like I had twins. And to make matters worst, both of them have the same name :eek: its so odd. Wouldnt it be impossible to have two children in the same house with the same name? :confused:

8. chaoticbaby

chaoticbaby New Member

there is a cheat. while ur sim is having a child type "twinsr2cute".
    hope i helped.
    xox

9. sailorchiiavalon

sailorchiiavalon Addicted to Sims 2!

Twins are just a natural occurance! Sometimes it happens if you try for baby twice like it happened in my game!

It was weird because Kaylynn Langerak was the mother and their father was an elder named Lasagna Lovegood!

Now I'm digressing :D you get twins randomly but I think it's slightly increased if there are twins in the family.

10. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I had a household where twins were guaranteed, but no other house in the hood had them.

The twins cheat is a myth from what I've heard though there's a rumor that if you have OFB you can eat cheesecake to increase your odds.

I've got two sets of twins in my current neighborhood and that's enough for me.

11. magorienX

magorienX Long Time Lurker

Actually they added a twins cheat in OFB its "forcetwins" while you have a pregnet sim in the house hold. I've tested it twice and it worked both times. Make sure you have OFB or it is not avilable.

Twins are.... hard to take care of. When they're babies and toddlers their moods seem to fall in almost total syncrnization. :)

12. MegRen

MegRen New Member

Also, try cheesecake! I had a sim eat cheesecake before they conceived, and then had her eat cheesecake on her last day of pregnancy, and voila! Twins! I got this from the chat. Someone said Cheesecake increases the chance of twins to 100%

13. sexierjess14

I read about the cheesecake issue somewhere at the sims2 official website, I think it was implemented in the OFB expansion or something? I no longer plan to have more than a child at once, because my sims could hardly take care of 1 toddler at times, what more 2 :p

In total I think in my sim gaming history, I only experienced the twins thing twice, once when I wanted to try and see whats it like, another was unexpected and not wanted actually :p :p

14. surprised_by_witches

I shall remember to avoid the cheesecake when pregnant. Twins are a lot to cope with ... though I suppose getting your entire family over in one go has something to be said for it.

Or, you could do what my sims did, have him stargaze with telescope when she's pregnant already ... their kids might as well be twins although they look nothing alike, since one is green!

15. sexierjess14

You mean that when pregnant sims get abducted, they get thrown back to earth with more than one child? :confused: Or did I misunderstand your meaning? I hadn't tried anything to do with the telescope because I was worried about the aliens :p

16. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

No, she means the wife was pregnant, and then the spouse was abducted and he got pregnant. Close enough so that they should be twins, but they aren't.

17. surprised_by_witches

Yes, that. I also had a family adopt a child the day after their first child was born, and they may as well have been twins, too.

Just saying, if you want twins there are many ways to go about it ...

I never had a sim abducted until I started playing Stella, the binned alien college student from La Fiesta Tech. So if you WANT to get abducted you might try that, if you have uni.

18. sexierjess14

Oh! Now thats something I never knew about till now lol, thanks for clearing that up :D

Well I guess there's many ways to get twins without having the poor sim mom do it all by herself ;)

19. hwes

hwes New Member

Yeah... first time I ever got pregnant on the game, I had twins. *shudders* It was horrible. Personally, I'm fine with having them one at a time.
    I would like to know... can you get identical twins?

20. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Good question, hwes. The issue of twins is settled at the moment of conception (because twins cannot be born to house where there are 7 people in residence. Nor can you move in a new sim to house with only 6 people and one is pregnant with twins ... the only non-cheat way to find out if your sim is having a multiple birth.)

However the gender and, I believe, the genetics of the baby, or babies, is decided at birth, as anyone who has reloaded and replayed a birthing scenario over and over will know you can change the baby's gender.

I imagine that since sim DNA is limited in scope and range identical twins are not impossible ... but I don't believe the game is specifically geared to create them deliberately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.