Troubleshooting Intel 82810 Graphics Controller

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by caseyxann, Sep 26, 2004.

1. caseyxann

caseyxann New Member

Intel 82810 Graphics Controller

So basically when upgrading the Intel(R) 82810 & 82815 graphics controller it is still not compatible with any versions of DirectX higher the 9.0 according to this http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel810/sb/CS-003951-prd798.htm. Which means it wont work with 9.0c, and therefore the sims 2.
    Has anyone found any solutions at all??

2. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

your version seems a bit lower than mine. mine is an 82845G . but mine works fine (although slow at times) with the sims 2. had no problems with dx9c. id atleast try and get dx9c installed. if it shows up as running correctly and the correct version in dxdiag, then sims2 shouldnt be a problem.

3. caseyxann

caseyxann New Member

i did install directx however it failed to work, this has really got me stumped

4. sheersilk

sheersilk New Member

i had the same problem...now solved

OK. I had to register to this forum JUST to tell you. Because I feel like it.

I have Intel(R) 82815 graphics controller. When I installed the Sims 2, it said that I didn't have a graphics compatible....watever...with directX 9.0.

I was mad, but I had heard a lot about this, so I wasn't really surprised.

So first I downloaded DirectX 9.0 from the Microsoft website.

Then I looked up my the controller on Google, found its website.
    Looked at the games support section, followed the instructions to how to make the Sims 2 work, then finally the Sims 2 did work. It is EXTREMELY slow and the graphics are choppy, but AT LEAST IT WORKS. The game is great!
    I think I will need to buy a new graphics controller once I save up money.

Here's the link: http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-016327.htm

Hope this helps :)