Troubleshooting Sims 2 Speed

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Aster, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Aster

Aster New Member

Sims 2 Speed

HELP! My Sims2 is SNAIL=LIKE!

how can i increase the speed?!?!?!?!:cross-eyed:

2. themasterchief

themasterchief New Member

well.... there are many ways to increase game and whole system performance, and these are my tips

1. tune down settings in options menu
    2. download latest drivers for your motherboard, soundcard and videocard
    , if you are using a intel motherboard download their intelapplication accelerator
    3. use alternate drivers, there is a driver for nvidia and ati videocards that works wonder on games, check them at www.omegadrivers.net, these are drivers that intended for gaming
    4. maintain your pc regularly, check and clean your HD's from viruses, coz it slows down your system, check and clean also your HD's from spyware, there are a lot of free and safe software that can help you maintain your pc, you can check them at www.majorgeeks.com , i use antivir for antivirus, ad-aware for spyware removal, cachemanxp for ram managing and tweaking, HDcleaner for removal of junk system registry and VoptXP for defrag,believe me guys, before i started using maintainance/tweaks software's my pc runs like a turtle but after using it increased my system performance by 60%
    5. increase your pagefile
    6.and as a last resort..... upgrade your pc

i hope these tips can help you, because by maintaining my pc i can run sims2 smoothly on a medium settings, heck i can play even farcry and doom3 with acceptable results!

by the way my piece of crap is this:

Pentium 4 1.4ghz
    Intel D850GB Motherboard
    Kingston 256mb PC-800 RDRAM
    Soundblaster Audigy 2
    GeCube Radeon 9550XT

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Buy more memory...that's also a very simple solution that's guarenteed to work..

4. kittnwthclaws

kittnwthclaws New Member

i have more than enough memory but my game is still slow . its very frustrating to play. I have all the system requirments maybe ill try on medium settings?:cool:

5. ManagerJosh

how much memory do you have?

6. themasterchief

themasterchief New Member

this can help also

you can also increase performance by closing unnecessary backround applications such us services, check www.blackviper.com/WinXP/registry.htm on which uneeded services and are safe to disable :classic:

7. ManagerJosh

Check for spyware as well.

www.lavasoftusa.com

8. killgorian

killgorian New Member

I didnt have any problems until I moved my SIMS to a particular house, furnished it and remodled a room. Now that lot runs slow (No differance in speed settings 1-3). I initially tried removing much of the landscaping I had put in, all the outisde lights, turning shadows off and lowering the settings still to no avail.

At this point, I guess I will update my drivers (They're not too far behind) and do a little system cleaning. My page file settings were optimized when I got this computer but unfornuatly I only have one hard drive and have to use it for virtual memory.

I really need another 512 stick of RAM to tell the truth, but sadly my wife is cheap and Ive learned to pick my battles over the years. :dead: