Abnormal children

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Sub, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Sub

Sub New Member

Abnormal children

I have some problems with my children, I've had three of em (girl, boy, girl)
    But why are the faces of my children (made ingame) so flat and unnatural?
    They look fine, and kinda like me and my wife, execpt for the nose.
    Is this a bug, and if so, how do I fix it?
    Can you change your sim's face and import it back into the game? (sorta like plastic surgery)? Cus I don't want to dumb all my children.

Tnx in advance,

-SuB

2. Supernova

Supernova New Member

I dunno that you can change your SIms faces. I think your children may be stuck as ugly.

3. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

Give it time. Most times the younger ages aren't all that attractive, but grow up into okay looking teens and adults.

I've noticed that features like mouths, noses, and chins sometimes change pretty drastically from one age to the next. I don't know why, since noses and such usually stay the same SHAPE throughout a person's life (besides just getting bigger).

If you don't like the looks of your children, I hope they look better to you when they turn into teens.

4. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

I know that for the adult sims, you can buy a mirror, have the sim choose from like 4 options, one is altering the face. I faced(ha ha), the same problem, my sims looked great on the build sim option, but abnormal in the game. So I placed them in front of a mirror, and voila.

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

The noses of real children are always tiny. A proper nose doesn't really begin to develop until puberty (trust me facial anatomy and development are my speciality! :) ). I can't say that I have noticed that my sim's babies are especially flat-looking but be aware that the sim-genetics places a high priority (adds dominance) to user created features. It may be too easy to forget that sims are essentially cartoons and therefore you should NOT seek to make parents look exactly like real people because you would be rendering features (ie, eyes, nose mouth) smaller than is aesthetically pleasing in a toon-representation. Thus "realistic" parents will be "perceived" by TS2's genetics algorithm as having smaller than usual features and this trait will be passed on to their children.

But hey! Try not to take it all so seriously. Its a game and its supposed to fun. If your first families don't work out as you wanted just moved them out and start over with new familes. :D