Redhead Creations - Updates!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ijRoberts, Sep 28, 2004.

1. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

Redhead Creations - Updates!

Hey there, instead of creating a new thread every time I add something to my SimPage, I'll just add a reply onto this thread. =) That way for those who are actually interested in my things can spot it easily, and those who don't give a hoot can ignore me. LOL...

I just put up my first articles of clothing. One of them was the first formal dress I made back in May (and is on SimStuff currently). The other is a neat little clubbing outfit - the pants are something to check out!

Both come with complete sets of makeup, all created by yours truly, and some hair colouring as well.

Anyhow, hope you check them out and like what you see!

2. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

Trendell Estates is up for grabs!

Here we go again... =)

I needed a house for my "staple" family. The ones that are really rich because I spoil them rotten. So, I did up this rather large mansion. It was my first time on a 5x5 lot, and I ended up with a LOT of space, enough space that I could actually build a seperate pool house that is kind of a guest house thing. A great place for a teen to "move out" to if you don't want them to leave your property. =)

In this house we have a VERY fancy Master Suite on the ground floor. A two story formal living room. Formal dining room. Breakfast nook. A teen's room and child's room with ajoined bathrooms. A guest bedroom. Large garden. Spa/Gazebo. And of course, the pool house/guest house. Like I said, it's a LOT of space.

Anyway, check it out, and if you put it in your game, I'd love to know how it works out for you! I have yet to get any "hands on" feedback of my designs, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

(You can find the house on my Simpage, just click the link in my signature!)

3. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Wow, the house looks great and I'd love to try it out! Unfortunately until I get a new video card my computer can't really handle large houses like that... the frame rate slows down to about 1 frame per second. :(

4. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that! Thank you very much for the compliment and the guestbook entry, that was very kind of you!

Your Noah's Ark is very unique! It'd be perfect with a big old moat around it, LOL. =)

5. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Noah's Ark was actually inspired by a dream I had a long time ago (of a real house, not a Sim house). When I saw how much more versatile the building tools are in TS2, I just had to build it. I was planning to post about it here, but was waiting to get some better screenshots, as the Exchange-generated ones don't do it justice. But I keep getting carried away actually playing the game and forget to take the screenshots! LOL

6. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

Rating

Well, that was fun!

After putting my "Trendell Estate" up on the exchange, I got really good feedback from it and was really surprised when it got the highest rating out of all the lots on the exchange!

It stayed up there for several hours, and then I go eat dinner and come back and it's dropped to 15th. LOL... I guess you just can't leave the boards for a second, eh?

Thanks everyone for the great comments, and it was fun having a #1 lot!

7. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

Avery Place makes it to the Exchange!

And another house goes up on the SimPage! =)

This one is a more contemporary design with some modern features. For one, it has a very open floorplan that I really like. Large entryways let the rooms kind of flow into each other.

There is a seperate pool area that includes its own bathroom/showers. A gazebo that sits over a pond that looks pretty nice. A huge living room with a 3 floor high ceiling - very impressive when you walk into the house into this room!

I hope you all like it, and let me know if it works out for you!

(BTW: I get error messages when I upload the lots, so if anyone remembers or has the time and if you've downloaded one of my lots, could you please let me know if it shows up in your game intact? I'd really appreciate it!!)

Until next time! Thanks for reading!

Attached Files:

8. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

Casual Teen and Elegance Refined

Here we are again!

This time with more clothes.

Two more outfits, one for your teen girl and one for the elderly woman.

The teen gets a new casual outfit. A black baseball T with the lucky number 8 on the back, and some in-style blue jeans with faded out patches. Perfect for lounging at home or hanging out at the mall.

The elder gets a chance to dress up and impress while she's at it. This two-toned black and red dress will be sure to stun, as it is the perfect blend of class and elegance (with a touch of sexy thrown in).

Both come with custom make up, and the elderly woman has custom hair.

Please check it out if you're so inclined, and thanks for reading!!

Attached Files:

9. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

Drake Manor

We have another luxury house for you today!

I really started out trying to do a simple house for a family, and not go over the top... But I just couldn't help myself. It must be bred in me...

The house is on a smaller sized lot, so load times and lag isn't an issue here as it has been on some of the larger lots.

It has a huge living room with vaulted ceilings, the master bedroom on the 1st floor, and two seperate areas upstairs (a kid's or guest area, and the 'play room' on the other side that leads into an unfinished attic). There is also an "artists' loft" with easles and backdrops set up. Works like a charm.

The attic was also designed to be turned into a teenager's area with their own bathroom, if need be.

I'm pretty happy with this house, and hope you all will be too!

(The house DOES come with a couple ghosts of the previous tenants, that I had to leave on the lot for my own storytelling needs, you can either delete the headstones, or enjoy their presence! - both died of old age, so there won't be any issues).

Attached Files:

10. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

I find that physical impossibility is a surprisingly effective method of preventing you from going over the top: Running out of money will put a damper on even the most overzealous designer. Maybe you should try laying off the motherlode code? :)

11. Cyricc

Cyricc Goblin Techies

The trouble comes when the family is not yet present at the time of its construction. Moving a family to an empty lot preceding construction raises problems like the cost of raising/lowering terrain and incomplete returns when demolishing. Some way to find the cost of the house in construction mode without needing to return to the neighborhood screen would be nice.

And the houses are great BTW. You make me realize how much I suck at designing houses... :(

12. J. M. Pescado

That's fine: A family needs some wiggle room to account for expenses and furnishing, anyway. A small price to pay for making sure you come in within budget.

They are certainly artistic, but are they functional and efficient?

13. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

JM, I haven't seemed to run across any problems yet with the houses not being "functional and efficient". The only issue (as it is with ANY large house in real life or in the game) is how long it takes to go from one area to the next. But, I haven't built any monstrosities that have made my Sim miss his carpool... yet.

As far as the pricing goes, people play the game different ways. Some people like to play it straight and narrow, with no cheating, slaving away to bring their Sims up in the world. Then there are others that aren't so glued to the rules, and like to see how nice things can look.

I have two neighborhoods that I play on, one is my "motherlode free" neighborhood with my hard working Sims. The other is my upper class neighborhood where the houses on my page come from.

Building houses, for me, is a creative outlet. It lets me have some fun with the game. I don't need to worry about money, because the Sims in that neighborhood have all they need, they live "charmed" lives. And I'm sure a lot of other people have neighborhoods just like it.

14. J. M. Pescado

Yes, but even with a large house, or perhaps especially with a large house, placement and efficiency are an issue. Obviously, a larger house suffers from lower efficiency than a subcompact, but even still, some are more efficient than others. Nonetheless, no large house should be inhabited by Sims who are not active, since large houses necessitate frequent use of "Run here". Fortunately, as long as Sim departs for his carpool on schedule, even in the largest house, it seems he'll never miss it, since he'll perform the 100-meter dash at the around the 10-minutes-till mark, and the carpool will never leave when a Sim is actively doing this, even if it goes overtime.

That's all fine and good, but you stated you were originally trying to do a simple home that got out of hand. I was just offering some tips to avoid getting out of hand. :)

This is fine, and I'm sure many people enjoy the stately mansions you construct, but we do have a large, untapped market for budget-class homes. Why not flex those design muscles and see what you can manage to create on a budget? :)

15. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

Thanks for the info.

If you happen to try out any of my larger homes, I hope you'll let me know how efficient they are. =)

I'll see what I can do about a house that would work out for a Sim on a budget.

Take care.

16. J. M. Pescado

Well, there's several obstacles to that at the moment: First and foremost being that you've uploaded everything to EA's site. At the moment, for reasons of security, I'm a registration-refusenik until such time as they make it possible to submit codes via web, rather than suspicious proprietary program.

Secondly, your homes undoubtedly cost too much, given your disregard for fiscal constraints. Since I tend to refrain from the use of the money cheat, that makes it rather difficult to afford your palatial mansions.

17. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

Alright, well, thanks anyway.

I hope you don't mind if I continue to use this thread that I started to let other people know who might be interested that I've put updates on my page.

Take care.

18. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

IJ, of course you're free to continue your thread. It's a much better idea than making new ones. (And posting in it brings it back to where it can be seen again just like posting a new one.)

19. bubblepop

bubblepop New Member

Avery Place Screenshot

How did you do that? Referring to the shot of the poole area where the lower deck looks double high?:bunny: