Delete Object.. Help me

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by leejane, Sep 30, 2004.

1. leejane

leejane New Member

Delete Object.. Help me

My sim decided to cook salmon and he ended up burning the whole stove.
    After the fire was put off, the salmon remained in the oven.

So i made my sim to take out the salmon. Instead of cleaning up the burnt salmon, my sim cooked it again then put it back into the oven.
    And no matter how many times i asked my sim to remove it, he still puts in back to the oven.

I used MoveObjects cheat. I can only move the object, i couldnt delete it.

Help me pls. How do i delete the oven? Plus, my sims cant cook anything while te salmon is inside. Now i have to put the oven in the garden.:(

2. Rhaevyn

Rhaevyn New Member

Have you tried "selling" the oven in Buy Mode? From what I'm hearing about how touchy the Move Objects cheat is, you might wanna try that first. Are you getting any sort of message when you try and delete it? Also, are there no options for you to recycle or put the fish in the trash? (I don't know the Sims 2 jargon yet, just speculating here).

Try and sell back the oven in Buy Mode. Good luck!

3. sexierjess14

sexierjess14 Depressed Soul

:eek: eeks! maybe its a minor buggie again :eek: why dont you try to sell back or delete the oven? if it still doesnt work, maybe you better move your sim out of the house and back in although you gotta refurnish the house again, but its better than having a stove in the garden :p

4. Cyricc

Cyricc Goblin Techies

:eek: Weird bug... you do clearly have MoveObjects enabled, right? Try to delete the oven quickly while your Sim has the salmon out.

5. zydeco

zydeco New Member

I had something similar happen with the microwave. One of the kids tried to cook a tv dinner and set the kitchen on fire. And just like a kid..he reached through the burning microwave to grab that tv dinner and set it on the counter. It appears to have fused or melted onto the top of my counter and I can't sell or delete it.

6. bangin knee song

bangin knee song New Member

Maybe you could try having your sim take out the salmon, and as soon as he's holding it, cancel all of the tasks in his queue. Maybe then he'll just stop everything he's doing and place the salmon on the floor or something.

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Both the ideas of canceling the action hoping he'll put the Salmon on the floor, and the idea of trying to delete the whole stove using the move_objects on cheat sound like good things to try. I'd try them first before moving out of the house, but I think that sounds like a good last resort if nothing else works!

Should we be gathering a list of these glitches to collect so ManagerJosh can show them to whoever might work on a patch? :p