male sims 2 skins--or the lack thereof

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by mglp, Sep 30, 2004.

1. mglp

mglp New Member

male sims 2 skins--or the lack thereof

Why is there always around 100 times more custom content for female sims than male sims? Where are the male sims 2 skins?

peace

2. mAster_Inept

mAster_Inept New Member

i concur

seems like it...its also prevalent in a lot of games...lucky for those pathetic guys who ogle at them then...(we are gamers after all).

3. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

If you look at what is available in the real life stores, you'll find the same lack of variety. Men just don't have the same range of clothing options as women in real life any more than in the game.

4. Sadie

Sadie New Member

Just think about it... How many more females play The Sims 2 more than guys?
    Girls tend to make "girl" clothing, because it's easier, and more fun.
    Usually teen girls get the most custom creations. (I make teen girls more often than anything else)
    It's just the way it is. Not many guys like to make clothing and get all detailed, like us, girls. You guys are just different. Lol. :p

5. mglp

mglp New Member

I would make clothing if I could just figure it out... lol

6. Sadie

Sadie New Member

Exactly... Guys are clueless when it comes to custom content! :p

7. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I resent that statement! I'm not clueless..

8. Sadie

Sadie New Member

Well then your not the typical guy.. :p

Your special.. ;)

9. mglp

mglp New Member

Well, the problem is not the making of custom content, (I'm going to politely ignore your smear.) it's making the package file. All of my sims are wearing clothing that reflects my life; I just am not currently sure how to share them. Any pointers?

peace

10. Michael

Michael New Member

In Sims1, quite a few of the most talented designers of clothing and hair-styles were men. Jerome (WDS or 7DS, I can't remember) is one name in particular that was very talented indeed - the maker of many of the meshes that enabled more elaborate clothing designs by less talented makers.

And most of the custom animation content from TS1 was made by the guys.

As for myself, I do lots of content creation, but never clothes.

So, your comment is not only insulting, it is ignorant.

11. ManagerJosh

Jerome is from SimFreaks :p

12. Michael

Michael New Member

I stand corrected. Its been a few years since I've done any Sims1 downloading.

Anyway, I was just trying to give the name of one of the most notable Sims1 custom content creators and Jerome was the first name that came to mind. There are indeed countless others worthy of equal praise, though I remember Jerome mostly for his amazing custom mesh work.

13. ManagerJosh

Don't forget about Trent from TheSCUK.com

14. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Just make a sim in Body Shop wearing the clothes you want to share, and package it out to a file or to the Exchange.

15. Sadie

Sadie New Member

Erm.. Okay?

So what, I may be wrong... but there are more female custom clothing artists, than men. Take a look at The Sims Resource... almost all of there best featured artists are women. Same for many other sites. I may have false statements, but am I right on this one?

I'm 13, yes I make mistakes, obviously. (Don't under-estimate me.. your wrong, if you try to say I'm too young to understand.).. But I know there are more female artists than men!
    I'm only 13 and I can make awesome clothing! Well, I don't know about awesome, but they're still great!
    :eek: I'm not this argumental all of the time.. Only girls would know the reason, they go through it. No I'm not trying to get detailed. :eek:

16. ManagerJosh

mind sharing with us some of your work? :D

17. Michael

Michael New Member

I am SimMichael from the SCUK forums, so yes, I know about Trent as well.

As for Sadie's response, suffice it to say that age thing is no real surprise.

18. BrynHilde

BrynHilde New Member

Whoa, what's with the 'bash the girl' mentality! o_O

I would share my custom clothing, but it tends to be unique clothing that most people wouldn't understand... so to speak. Example my university hoodie! Being from New Zealand I don't think any of you have heard of CIT, where I went to study...

Anyway I suppose when I get to more 'standard' custom content then I'll share it with you all...

19. mglp

mglp New Member

The first flame was delivered againt men.

The rest of this thread is sort of a defense. Anyways, thanks Sadie for hijacking my thread. Bryn Hilde, I'd encourage you to still post your clothing. You never know who might be interested to see it (*raises hand*)

peace

20. ManagerJosh

Hey post your work! Just because its culturally different doesn't give you an excuse to not post! I happen to like a variety in selection and culturally :)