Sites to download the objects and the houses

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by nando747, Oct 2, 2004.

1. nando747

nando747 New Member

Sites to download the objects and the houses

Hi guys! I am a new member of forum :D and wish knowledge if somebody know where i cannot to find sites of The Sims 2.

Thanks,
    Nando747

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Just an FYI, there are no objects yet because people haven't figured out how to crack open the .package files.

4. PhooshQT

PhooshQT New Member

LOL...I was wondering why there weren't any objects...how long does it usually take the figure something like that out?

5. ManagerJosh

no idea.....but it is safe to assume that it will be a little while since there are three major obstacles instead of one.

1) Opening up the .PACKAGE Files
    2) Understanding the File Types (.IFF, etc)
    3) Creating programs to process, export and reimport object files

With the original game there was only one obstacle...opening up .IFF files. Later on, it was opening up .FAR files, but no one really noticed since there was so many .IFF files floating around.

6. System_Zero

System_Zero New Member

Take into consideration that the first Sims didn't have user made objects until like 6 months after the game had first released. We had custom meshes around 3-4 months, probably sooner. So its safe to say that we wont have full custom content for awhile, seeing as how the game hasnt even been out a month.

7. ManagerJosh

Dano released an official skinning kit though relatively early before the game came out. (I think it was part of SimShow)

Meshes were in there :p

8. Deva

Deva New Member