Finding Bella

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by stonegolem, Oct 4, 2004.

1. stonegolem

stonegolem New Member

Finding Bella

When you look in the Goth family tree you can see she is still lit up so she's alive.;) But how do you find her?

2. Rhaevyn

Rhaevyn New Member

Use the Search!

3. stonegolem

stonegolem New Member

huh?! What is that supposed to mean?

4. Toast

Toast Rebmem Drawkcab

I think Rhaevyn means that you should use the forum search tool to search through the forum to find an answer for your question. If you click on "search" above, and enter "bella" into the field and click "go", you'll find that there are several posts about finding Bella Goth. There is too much info to list in a response because to this point everyone is forumulating a theory about what happened to her, because nobody knows for sure. I think the closest anyone got was finding her name in the Sims 2 data files using a hex editor, but that's it. If you use the search tool on this site and search for Bella, hopefully you'll find all the info you need. ;):D

5. mmr92

mmr92 New Member

thats weird, she's not in my Goth family tree.

6. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

So did anybody ever find her?? I had a theory that she was burried in the old lady's cemetary in Strangetown, but if she's alive, then I guess that's not true, either.

7. SaiyanPrincessRa

SaiyanPrincessRa Saiyan Princess

Hmmmm...... interesting theory *massacres specter house with a spade*

I reckon she Is there somewhere in the game, i mean its a HUGE game and i don't think they would drop so many hints if she wasn't there SOMEWHERE

8. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

Bella's a townie in Strangetown. 100% Sims fact!

9. Daizee

Daizee New Member

I had read somewhere that with the patch they were supposed to make it so she is easier to find in strangetown. Maybe even come and greet you when you move in. I had all my houses in strangetown but then I had to reformat the computer and lost everything so I am not really playing that one right now.

10. Zootyzoot

Yeah, I read that too. I think it's a pity, if it's true.

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Bella is definitely listed as alive in Strangetown ... tho' she has no relationships listed. (I just checked with SimPE ... :p )

12. Zootyzoot

I don't play on any of the ready-made neighbourhoods (I've looked on them, but no more than that - ready-made Sims are a lot less fun than ones I made myself, for some reason), but Bella almost makes me want to play Strangetown to find her. The furore over Bella is so weird. Maxis whipped it up with all the references to her - in Pleasantview's (and possbily Strangetown's, though I'm not sure) blurb, in Mortimer and Cassandra's memories, and in that painting of her and its description - but people have really bought into it. I wonder why. Maybe it's because it's such a romantic mystery, and story (to use the Maxis buzzword of TS2) - 'beautiful' and nostalgic (nod to players of TS1) female character is abducted by aliens (nod to the shiny new features of TS2) and disappears. It takes a little investigation to uncover the circumstances of her disappearance. This all takes place in what is obviously supposed to be the 'starter' neighbourhood - it includes old TS1 characters and also introduces basic features of TS2 with the new families (aspirations and associated mayhem, e.g. the Pleasant and Dreamer families). Then you are brought on to the more exciting, zany new features in the second neighbourhood, Strangetown, where you learn abut alien abduction, ghosts, and kerazee things like that. This is where the Bella saga comes to an end, and you are enchanted by the magic and romance of Sim stories. Then comes neighbourhood three, which is essentially geared towards showing the player the purpose of the Sims 2 (for Maxis at least!) - storytelling. That the neighbourhood's theme is Shakespeare - the capital-B 'Bard,' i.e. the ultimate storyteller - is symbolic of this. This is the last of the Maxoid neighbourhoods, which is an invitation for you to put your knowledge of the basics, the embellishments, and their potential for stories into practice in your own blank slate neighbourhood.
    [/tanget]

13. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Very well put, Zooty!!!!! I hadn't even thought about it like that. I was just thinking that they had given us three very different neighborhoods for the different styles of gameplay: Pleasantview for normal daily life, Strangetown for those who like oddities, and Veronaville for players (like me) who specialize in building relationships. But I see your point exactly, that Maxis meant for this to be a chronology.

14. Zootyzoot

*Curtsey* :)

15. Daizee

Daizee New Member

You sure seem to have put a lot of thought into that Zooty. I hadn't considered it that way but it does make sense. :)

16. Zootyzoot

It was less thought and more monstrous off-topic tangent, but thanks :).

17. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

since mortimer died in pleasantville, there isn't even any reference to him as the game opens. haven't checked the family tree to see if she's still alive. Alexander grew up and I'm wondering if it's too late for him to go to college, now. anyhow he's waiting for his "girl" to grow up. one of these days maybe Alex, will have to move to strangetown and see what happens.