Teens going steady, live together, turn adult, then marry each other - possible??

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Xenu, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Xenu

Xenu New Member

Teens going steady, live together, turn adult, then marry each other - possible??

Can someone please verify that this scenario is possible?

1. Two teens fall in love with each other.
    2. One of them move in with the other.
    3. They keep going steady.
    4. They turn adult, and their relationship is thus automatically discarded, becomming null and void.
    5. They fall in love again as adults, and marry each other.

The reason I wonder, well.

1: No problem here, of course.
    2: Easily done - the parent and the teen move in, and then the parent move out again.
    3: Are teen relationships automatically voided if they live together? Sounds very unlikely, but I guess it is possible.
    4: Found this out the hard way. My previous teen sweetheart couple didn't live together. Now one is adul't and the other have a looong way getting there. And they're not the least bit interested in each other anymore, their feelings was voided the same second as the older girl turned adult. Still, I don't blame maxis for this policy, I know that age differences can be a touchy subject.
    5: Now, here's the real potential problem.

5a: Can teens "going steady" fall in love with each other again once both are adult? It would supprise me if they couldn't.

5b: Can two sims that turned adult in the same house love each others, or do they automatically count each other as brother and sister?

This second point on the other hand, might very well be a problem.

I currently have two teen sims that are not genetically related to each orher, and neither was present at the other's birth. However, they lived together when they turned toddler, child and teen. They consider each other to be family. Gets the "family kiss" option, but no flirt options.

So.
    Have anyone tried the scenario and can verify that it does work?

Also,
    Does anyone know exactly what mecanics are used when a sim decide if another sim is family or not?

And, is there any way to speed up the aging? Would be nice to turn a teen instantly adult, test the theory, and then leave without saving the game...
    Some cheat or hack or anything.

2. Xenu

Xenu New Member

Okey. The obvious part, 5a, have now been verified.
    Lisa only had 5 days left to turning adult, so I moved out her entire family and played her in fast forward mode. Then hooked her up with her old girlfriend, had her move in and have woohoo, and then leave without saving the game.

The real question still remains.

3. Hineraukatauri

Hineraukatauri New Member

The answers to 5a and 5b are yes.

I created a family of two single parents, each with a teen of their own. I moved them in, made sure the parents never fell in love, had the teens go steady, and as soon as they grew up they got engaged, moved out, married, and had a baby.

As for the mechanics of it... I suppose it is all worked out through parentage. Don't let any of their relatives be related and it should work out fine.

4. Xenu

Xenu New Member

Thank you!

That's all the info I need.
    Out of curiosity, it would also be interesting to know what would happen if the parents was a couple. Likewise, if the kids group up togheter all the way but their parents arn't a couple.

Psychologically, it ought to be all about growing up gogether in the early stages. The social incest taboo is based on genetics, but the psychological incest taboo is based on growing up together. Unrelated kids who grow up in the same household rarely fall in love, but genetical siblings that don't grow up together but first meet each others as adults sometimes do.

5. SkyeSimone

SkyeSimone New Member

It is very possible for that to happen, and I have proof! Check out my sig to go to the movie of Dustin & Angela from Pleasantville. They were going steady, grew both of them up and they were "demoted" to being just friends. Got Dustin to flirtin and it quickly went back to in love. Had him propose.. and well... have to watch my movie to find out the rest!