Help me please !!!! :'( ctrl shift and c

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lavinder, Oct 7, 2004.

1. lavinder

lavinder New Member

Help me please !!!! :'( ctrl shift and c

i have made a small house with all the mini priced stuff.. but ive ALREADY run out of money so i decided to find the money cheat like in the old one but when i type in the code to open up the cheat box nothing comes up .. ive tried searching hi and lo to any answer to this but i cant find non .. this is my last choice .. please HELP !!!!

2. ihavenoskin

ihavenoskin New Member

I had a problem getting rid of the box??

What I did is wait a moment then hit Ctrl Shift and C together at the same time. I hit them hard, not that it would make a difference, more to just make sure they where hit at the same time then type motherlode for 50K!!!!! Or Kaching for 1k!!!

Keep going....

Mr.T

3. Michael

Michael New Member

Try pressing Ctrl and Shift at the same time, then pressing "c".

I believe you need to be in build/buy mode for it to work.

Good luck!

4. ihavenoskin

ihavenoskin New Member

good point michael I think was the problem i had trying to get rid of the box, i was hitting them all at the same time not Ctrl shift then C

Try it!!

5. lavinder

lavinder New Member

Doesnt work .. thank for help :(

6. Michael

Michael New Member

For anyone interested, the ";" key will open the cheatbox window up to half-screen size and log the entries.

ESC should close the box.

7. litl_mama1971

litl_mama1971 New Member

I think and I could be wrong that you have to be in live mode for the box to come up. But I could be wrong it could come up in any mode. You might be looking for the old type of box The blue box. But on this game the box is white. and is not only in the corner but is across the whole top of the screen. I really don't undersstand it wouldn't work. I haven't had any trouble with it. I did have the trouble of getting rid of it when miss typing a code. But I had found out how to get rid of it. You can expand it if you are planning on doing more than one code at once. Just type expand. And type exit to exit the window.

8. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

I can't figure out why so many people are having trouble with a simple three-key combination. It's just like if you're typing and you go to capitalize a letter: you don't try to time it just right and punch shift and the letter at the same time, that would be silly. You hold shift, and tap the letter. A 3-key combo is the same way. You hold ctrl & shift, and tap C.

You also wouldn't tap shift and then the letter, just as you wouldn't tap ctrl, shift, and C one by one to open the cheat console (unless of course you use StickyKeys, in which case, yes, that will work).

9. lavinder

lavinder New Member

I had problems with stickeykeys with the last sims but i just ajusted somthing in the setup on stickey keys.. i tried to do it today by holding shift down but stickey keys doesnt come up is there any other way into getting into stickey keys please :D

10. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

I dont see the problem

HelloKit is right. Its not that hard to press Ctrl+Shift and then C. I tried the motherlode cheat a couple of times, mostly to see what kind of outrageous houses I could build. It doesnt matter if youre in build-mode or live-mode when you enter the cheat. Oh, and it will NOT work if the CD is a copy. This is made clearly on the Maxis website. So if thats the problem, cough up the money and buy the original.

11. lavinder

lavinder New Member

My sister is on her computer right behind me and it works on hers so dont give me that copied cd bull ,,,

its iether stickey keys (witch i cant get the it to show up when i hold shift down ... thats why i asked) or its an apllication im running

ive disabled all of them and tried that but it still doesnt work

here are the things im running:

cpu temp checker , norton internet security porfessional ,norton antivirus, time synchronizer v2, bluetooth configuration, mexmem that frees memory, itouch, intellpoint, system safe scanner, norton ghost 2003, history kill. all on my tool bar at the bottom

12. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

To open the box, make sure you are not using ALT as part of the code. It's CTRL/Shift/C.

And if the box won't close, it's usually because you've made an error at sometimes when you were putting in the cheat code. To get rid of the box then, type in "exit" and it will go away and you can get back to using the box.

I'm personally very fond of "motherlode".

13. lavinder

lavinder New Member

It isnt the way im typing it because my sister types it the same as me on her computer. does anyone know if its a program conflicting with it eg anti virus ect.. ? i knpw it isnt curserXP becuase i havnt got it on my pc
    thanks in advance

14. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

If you have StickyKeys enabled, you can turn it off or back on by pressing shift 5 times.

15. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

Sorry

I didnt meen to offend you by my statement about the copied CDs. the reason I wrote it, is that I had a rather long exhange of words some time ago, with a young man from Indiana, who was outraged that the game crashed, all because it was a copied game. There was a chance it COULD be the problem, seen that its not, I hope youll accept my apology.

16. Cyricc

Cyricc Goblin Techies

StickyKey settings: Control Panel > Accessibility Options > Keyboard > StickyKeys. Although I don't see how StickyKeys can affect this at all... Try hitting ctrl+shift+c then entering the cheat regardless of whether the box appears.

17. copter

copter New Member

Calm down people-and just because someone's game doesn't work, it doesn't necessarily mean that they have a Copied CD. Don't jump to conclusions, and keep this thread from a flamewar. Thanks people.
    Copter.

18. lavinder

lavinder New Member

I accept your apolodgy (how ever you say it) grrr im so ennoyed that it doesnt work ... i love the game but im SICK of keep having to buy the cheap and nasty stuff i wanna experiment with some of the expensive fun stuff and see what they do :D

19. christylynn

christylynn New Member

lavinder... would you happen to have curserxp installed on your computer? if so, disable & any other programs that are running in the background & see if that works...

it hasn't worked for me yet, but i've only tried turning off curserxp. when i get home from work, i'm going to try turning off all that i can in the task manager, i think i may have an antivirus or something running & i'm HOPING that's what's wrong with mine...

20. christylynn

christylynn New Member

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

It works now! I'm not sure exactly what made it work, i did several things:

-disabled cursor xp (in mouse config AND in startup programs, see below)
    -ran msconfig & disabled extra startup programs & services (such as error reporting, cursorxp, themexp, etc)
    -disabled antivirus
    -uninstalled gamegain (program that's SUPPOSED to speed up your game.)

Hope some of this helps!

:D