My teen is dating a sim but its about to be a adult!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Sim9999, Oct 13, 2004.

1. ducky_234

ducky_234 New Member

well go to ur sim's date's house and make them grow up to a adult then go to ur sim's house and make them grow up to a adult then the rest is history!:)

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I find that if you hang up on annoying child (Marsha, Chandler, whomever) they eventually get the hint and stop calling. It takes time, though.

Kids like that are the reason my Sims only adopt infants. I can name them myself and with any luck they'll turn out fairly normal. I mean, who wants to raise someone named Goopy?

3. surprised_by_witches

Oh, and if you have University and really like a townie teen you can send 'em to college. I haven't done so myself, being unable to stand most of them other than as a convenient way to get first kiss/sneak out dates etc. I think once they go to college they become player characters.

So that's one way to let Meadow or Orlando grow up and marry your now-adult Sim.

4. Brahbech

Brahbech New Member

I have done that once or twice, and I agree. When townies move to college, they become playable sims. Then you can either make them stay until they graduate after 18 sim-days or make them drop out. Either way they become adults when they leave college.

By the way, I don't like townies either. I only send a few townies to college that some teenagers wanted to be friends with when I wanted to send those teenagers to college. In other cases I simply make new sims to fullfill the social "assignments" that townies are supposed to fullfill.

Best regards,
    Boerge

5. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

how did this thread get so far off topic, Pes?

6. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Necromancers. I blame necromancers.

Necromancy is bad, 'mkay?

7. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

Rebel Pilot # 4

"Stay on target!" Back to topic. My current goal has been to get the rich heirs of my two (finally, cheat-free) rich families, Primavera O'Toole and Greg Oz, to fall in love and get married. I started when they were in their early teens, aged them equally, and when they became adults, they had 100 percent relationship and fell in love in about a minute. They are basically sluts together. For him it was the first relationship ever, the soul mate; she's been around the block a few times. And when she grew up, there she was in the low-cut leopard dress with knee-high boots :D I'm not quite ready for them to get hooked up yet, as I'm still building the master suite. But whoever says that relationships disappear with adulthood is wrong - the relationships remain and simply need a little exercise. This goes for friends as well as lovers.

What bugs me is when you get a call from someone saying 'why don't you call?' or 'so-and-so is no longer a family friend' about 5 minutes after they left from a long visit...

8. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

<shameless plug>Phone Hack!</shameless plug>

9. ruggie

ruggie New Member

I have made some townies hook up as teens moved them to collage and then made them into sluts and left them there. Sorry but a good townie is a gone townie :D .

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Oxymoronic. Shameless implicitly requires a capacity for shame. :p

Anyway Pescado, your hacks are too good for you to be coy about them. Plug away without the faux modesty. ;)

11. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

What about if you sent your teenager to college and invited the other Sim over on the phone, then asking her to move in with you? It's just an idea, though I have no idea if it would work or not.:cool:

12. surprised_by_witches

Hmmm ... that's a thought. I'm not sure if it works at University. Wonder if they'd become a young adult or just stay a teen and then become a "regular" adult ... given the way the game works, at least the way I understand it, I think you need to use the "move Sim to college" feature and then just plop them into the house.

I like that new feature. When I first started the game I thought it would be more interesting to have roommates rather than singletons but I hated that they all ended up with the same last name ... I have a lot of Rosensteins, for example, who are no relation to one another and it's hard to keep track of who can marry who. :rolleyes:

JMP, I never use hacks of any kind but I think I may make an exception for yours ... I too hate the "why don't you call anymore" especially when you just talked to the idiot in question ...

13. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Strange happening: May help you

Or it may just be evil. hehehehe

Feed your teen to the cow plant!! Then bring them back with the Grim Reaper phone!!! :)

Last night I had a Sim join the 'secret society." He was playing with the grimmy-phone and told, "You don't know anyone who died, stop bothering me!" A few actions later and I noticed that his girlfriend's face icon appeared in the action quey, and when I put the pointer on it it said "mourn". The girlfriend had been eaten by the cowplant. So after I had him milk it, I sent him upstaird to call Grimmy again. He had to pay a great fee, but she came back, non-zombie and everything! :) But she was now a playable charector. She came home from the Secret Society house with him, and is now sleeping on his couch. :D

So, maybe if you kill a townie teenager on a regular lot, then have a sim use the grimmy-phone, the teen will become playable?? Just an idea.

Oh, and Surprised: JMP's hacks are the only ones I really trust. I downloaded his "director's cut", which was all his hacks rolled into one file, and have been playing with them for several weeks now, and have had no problems. In fact, it makes the game much more enjoyable for me. :D My favorite one is the macro-socialize hack, where I can make a sim befriend other sims without having to keep clicking, "Talk, Entertain, etc." interactions over and over. I can set it to "Socailize" then go click on another sim in the household and do something else, like take care of a toddler, and not worry about the two sims's having a bad conversation or wandering off to do something else.

14. surprised_by_witches

Autosocialize does sound nice, especially in bigger households ... I end up pressing pause a lot just to make sure everyone is still happy, which makes for some pretty long days ...

I would tend to trust Pescado, too, which in itself is a very scary statement. :rolleyes:

15. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Laughed so much I gave a nickel-colored coin to a charity :cool:

16. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

Another way would be to get them into Uni, then either get them through Uni or have them, or one Sim, quit Uni after building up the relationship if needed, then after they've moved into a house have them invite the other Sim to move in. Voila, the other Sim becomes an adult!