Isn't she lovely?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Deva, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Deva

Deva New Member

Isn't she lovely?

This is my soul-harvester in my Sims2-neighbourhood.
    I think she succeeded to transform from the her demonic-shape to human quite good.

Attached Files:

2. Puppy

Puppy Saved from reality

She looks pretty cool, how did you customize her?

3. Deva

Deva New Member

Hm, well, I just started a new project, and then found the red tone I wanted when playing with hue/saturation and brightness/contrast. Not very hard really.
    And the skins can be recognized; the first letter in the .bmp-name stands for which age it is, the next letter is for what sex it is, and the next word (cut,normal or soft soft) stands for which "shape" the sim is in. For example:
    efbodycut~top~stdMatBaseTextureName.bmp is the skin for ElderFemalebodyCut. Cut is when your welltrained, I believe (gah, he*l with my poor english skills). Or for example: tmbodysoft~top~stdMatBaseTextureName.bmp is the skin for a TeenMalebodySoft, where soft means like, uhm, chubby.

4. Puppy

Puppy Saved from reality

Thanks, I'll have to stop being lazy and try to make my own skins. I think that'll be pretty fun. :)

5. smoothedge69

smoothedge69 New Member

Ok, I keep seeing that people make their own skins, and content for the game. My questions are HOW? and WHAT PROGRAM DO YOU USE? Thanks.

6. Deva

Deva New Member

You'll need Bodyshop, but that comes along with the game. And of course some kind of picture-editing program, Where you can fool around with textures and colours and stuff... I use photoshop.
    Then start bodyshop. Choose "make parts" (or something, I have the Swedish version). Then start a "new project". Then "export" what it is you want to change, let's say a skintone. It will go to; C:\Documents and Settings\*your name*\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Projects folder. Double-click that folder, and voila, there it is. The skintone of all ages and forms. Click and drag them in to photoshop, or your editingprogram. Then, make what changes you want, paint it all green if you want. When your'e finished, just save the files in the "projects"folder with the names they had when you opened them. Click the button "import to game" in Bodyshop. Now you have a custommade skintone in the game.
    It's really easy once you've learned how to do. But you can't really do anything wrong, learn through experience and mistakes, that's what I did.