Best Flight Sim

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by ManagerJosh, Oct 16, 2004.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Best Flight Sim

What's the best Flight Simulator program out there :)

2. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

sorry for note replying sooner. but dialup isnt making this forum very enjoyable.

anyways, its got to be Microsoft Flight Sim 2004: A Century of Flight. hands down. although i havent played it in a while and it tends to be quite sluggish on my system with all graphics at minimum, it is very enjoyable. and the Multiplayer feature is just WOW! ive met so many people and made so many friends flying in multiplayer, i just wish i had a better system so i was able to play it more often.

also, another aspect which i have gotten interested in before but havent had the time or money to fulfill it, is the homebrew cockpit scene. one nice feature microsoft has added in their most recent line of flight simulator games is use of external plugins. and with this, plugins have been designed to output data for just about any source thats built into the game. and with this ability alot of people have designed stunningly realistic airplane cockpits built around flight simulator.

yes, flight simulator 204 is definitely one of the best hands down. i highly recommend atleast trying it out.

3. Nellie

Nellie New Member

Realistic: MS Flight sim. Haven't bought it since FS98 when they decided you dont need a manual :rolleyes:

WWII: IL2 Forgotten Battles. Radar? Who needs radar. Something for everyone in this from ground attack to dogfighting. Multiplayer is a blast, sitting in the back of an IL2 as your mate flies into a hill...... erm scratch that bit.

Helicopters: Haven't really seen anything that's beaten Apache/Hind. Two titles designed from the outset to work together over a network/dialup in the days when most people thought the web had something to do with spiders.

Fast-Jet: Falcon 4.0 still takes some beating, though F-18 Super Hornet from Di is worth a look, I hate carrier landings.