Having a baby girl

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by SarahRon, Oct 31, 2004.

1. SarahRon

SarahRon New Member

Having a baby girl

Do you guys know if everytime a sim gives birth to a girl, she ends up with short hair? Regardless of skin/hair colour and families, all of my girls when they turn into toddlers, look the same with the same clothes. I now have a neighbourhood of clones!! I thought there would be some variance in this, but maybe I will just have to make a toddler when I create a new family?
    I do have to say, I am so happy, I finally had twins! After about 12 pregnancies, I had a boy and girl.

Sarah

2. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Hairstyle is, obviously, not genetic, and you don't receive a random one. You have to take the child to a mirror and select a new one, or else you'll always have the same non-haircut for all your children. It's not so bad with the girls, but the boys all get an afro!

3. Xenu

Xenu New Member

Also, you can buy new clothes at the local mall.
    (if your neighbourhood don't have one, create it.)
    Just make sure to buy a cupboard for them first.

4. J. M. Pescado

It's worth noting that the suit a sim spawns with at an age transition does NOT, in fact, count as an actual set of clothes they own, so you have to buy at least two outfit sets before they can change. The exception is if they make a transition, and you already own clothes of that age type, in which case they will wear a randomly selected suit from what you already own, and those WILL count as something they own, because you own it(see: Tracksuit of Shame). If a Sim moves out, when he moves into his new house, he will own only the clothes on his back, and none of the other outfits you've bought that aren't chosen as what they currently will wear in the various situations. If a Sim moves into a family, he will contribute the clothes he currently wears to the family stockpile.

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Reminds of a an elderly aunt of mine who was oft heard to mutter (of her childhood) "first up, best dressed". I was told that at her wedding her father quipped, "I don't want champagne, I've known real pain."

Oh Fishmeister, you'd have liked these people, I think. ;)

6. J. M. Pescado

I have a similar saying about champagne myself: Champagne is for weenies, real men demand real pain. Don't get your aunt's saying, though. I guess it's sort of like a sandwich: Some days you eat the sandwich, other days the sandwich eats you. The two most common responses to the sandwich one tend to be either "That makes no sense", or "I've never been eaten by a sandwich.". To this, I just go, "Exactly."

7. SarahRon

SarahRon New Member

I forgot about the mirror thing--I guess it doesn't work with toddlers though eh? I'll check it out. Thanks!!

Sarah

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

You were saying that Sim's clothes are added to the communal wardrobe. My aunt used to allege that she lived under the same rules. So the first out of bed in the mornings, got the nicest clothes.