Open The Windows!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by testypea, Nov 4, 2004.

1. testypea

testypea New Member

Open The Windows!

Is it just my stupid game, or has the windows here in SIMS 2 stopped emitting light. This is really crap, I mean, how can anyone have fun building in the dark?!? In SIMS 1 light streams in from windows if you put enough of them, but not in SIMS 2. So just when you thought you got everything nicely decorated, viola! You'd wish you were colorblind. Pfffft!

2. aragorn231

aragorn231 New Member

I think you should check your graphic settings because I don't have any problems with the windows.
    I had another "issue" however. The first week that I was playing the game I hadn't checked the graphic settings. Then I read on a forum that the mirror was supposed to reflect (mine didn't) and that's why I went into the graphic settings. Seemed that the game had decided that my PC/GPU was not powerful enough and had switched everything to Medium. Now I'm playing with everything set to High. Surely, it's a bit slower now, escpecially moving the camera around, but it sure does look nicer and it's still playable! All depends on your own personal preferences of course...

3. Wildheart

Wildheart New Member

I have the same problem; I never bothered to look at the graphics settings though, I always figured it was a problem with the windows =P I'll check it later.

4. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

I have the same prob. I never really cared tho =D I figured let em' live in the dark

5. testypea

testypea New Member

i didn't even know there was suppose to be a reflection! all the time i was thinking, these are damm ugly blue mirrors... heh! super thanks!

6. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I suspect it has to do with the graphic settings too. I have all of mine set on the highest and I have great reflections and sometimes so much light coming through the windows that it's like it's summertime on a cloudless day.