Friend or enemy?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by aragorn231, Nov 6, 2004.

1. aragorn231

aragorn231 New Member

Friend or enemy?

Something really weird happened recently. Pascal Curious brought home a friend. However, this "friend" was our Curious Family enemy number 1 Loki Beaker! I was desperately in search of friends at that moment (promotion to Mad Scientist) so I thought, let's give it a go. And now, as shown in the screenshot attached, our enemy Loki is simultaneously a friend to Pascal C.

In that same screenshot you can also see Lazlo having a blocking problem caused by the maid... Wonder what I can do to get her out of the way.

Attached Files:

2. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Yes, Sims can be both friends and enemies at the same time. In fact, the "Enemy" bit never really goes away, although it's eventually superceded on the display by the "Best Friend" bit. This is particularly apparent in the Pleasant family, where Lilith and Angela are enemies, but, unlike with your Loki and Pascal, they're not likely to avoid each other, and it's all but impossible to prevent Sims that live together from at least tolerating each other, if only because they still have to eat, watch TV, etc., and whenever they do this stuff, their relationship will naturally improve. Plus, Sims really don't like to not get along. It's like herding cats to keep them hating each other.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Dang! These screenshots keep catching me out. First I look at what the poster has drawn my attention to and then ... duh! ... I try to scroll around and take a peek at the rest of the house. :p

4. aragorn231

aragorn231 New Member

LOL, an obvious sign of Sim overdose :)

5. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Sim Overdose

Wanna talk about Sim overdose? I can't drive past houses now without figuring out how they are built and how they would look in the Sims 2. :rolleyes:

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

O man! That is soooooo sad :p

7. aragorn231

aragorn231 New Member

Wow, I hope I'll never experience that one because by the time I'd reach the highway to go to work it would be time to go home again... :)

But this is in fact an interesting point, who has designed their own house in TS2? I'm going to do it but until now didn't really have the time (and I'ma bit afraid that there's not enough choice in brick/paint to be able to do it decently)

8. lou_knee

lou_knee New Member

I don't think a Sim version of my house would be very successfull. Sims don't have the ability to crawl over their bed when thier room is too small for all their stuff :)