On The Diagonal

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by testypea, Nov 7, 2004.

1. testypea

testypea New Member

On The Diagonal

Geezuzbegay, how the hell do I place objects on the diagonal??? I know it can be done, I've seen tombstones and art easels positioned this way, my problem is I ripped out a door on a diagonal door ( from one of the pre-made white apartments) cos I wanted to change it, now I can't replace any door because nothing would go on the diagonal, grrrrr!!!!

2. Cyricc

Cyricc Goblin Techies

What? I'm pretty sure the only thing that can be placed on diagonals is a) doors and b) windows. Any door or arch should go on a diagonal just fine.

3. Xenu

Xenu New Member

I have managed a few times to put a stafli whatever that's called in english (those wooden constructions you use to make paintings) on the diagonal. However, they was not usable in that position.

Maxis have said, like you, that only windows and doors can be placed on the diagonal. My guess is that they experimented with having lots of things diagonal-enabeled, but gave up those experiments and happened to leave some orphaned code in the system.

4. testypea

testypea New Member

Well that's what I'm trying to do, put a door to a diagonal wall and it just won't twist that way... what am I doing wrong?

5. Cyricc

Cyricc Goblin Techies

Not sure what problem you're having. Hovering the placement cursor over the wall or base of the diagonal wall in question should snap the door to the diagonal. Try rotating the door a few times with , and . then moving the cursor around a bit.

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

If you have the moveobject cheat set to "on" then you will have difficulty placing doors and windows on the diagonal. Huh! Difficult? It is impossible. So open the cheat window and type moveobjects off and that will solve your problem. :D NOTE. There are no object that can be placed on the diagonal.

7. testypea

testypea New Member

aaahhhh! I do have that cheat on, I'll try turning it off.